您好!

您这个域名xxxx.com出售吗?多少钱?

谢谢

and

您好!

我想咨询一下您的这个域名xxxx.com可以转让吗?需要多少钱?

谢谢

期待您的回复

These roughly translate to someone inquiring on, or wanting to buy a domain of mine, but so far they have come in only on four letter names I already sold.

And then they appear to come from abuse@_____.com with the to: recipient being abuse@[my registrar].com and the cc: being my email address, but then when you click reply (have not replied) they appear to come from some [number] @ qq.com email address.

I have actually sold four letter domains to recipients at [number] @ qq.com so these can be legitimate email addresses but I'd think anyone contacting me would know from my website that I am not Chinese.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I used to get those Chinese emails all the time, both for buying and selling.
But not from the "abuse" addy.

Peace,
Kenny

•••
I received 23 of these emails this week (all different 4-Letter CHIPS). Three were from the "abuse" address, a few were actually in English (but looked to be from a Chinese address based on the FROM), and most of the rest of them were from a long number ending with [email protected]

I have not replied to any of them.

Regards,
DN

Last edited:
•••
Watch those GMO Hosting type emails lol!

•••
I had one of these the other week, mine just asked if i was the owner of the domain. I replied but never heard anything back.

•••
I've replied to several variations on these themes. You are lucky if you ever receive a reply. And should you ever get a reply. You know you are undervaluing your domains. I toss them all in the trash immediately, these days. I don't even bother to translate them anymore. Waste of time. IMHO. YMMV.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back