Dynadot

German registrar bans gruesome site from database.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
A domain name registrar in Germany has deleted the registration for a gruesome U.S.-based online photo gallery that featured stomach-wrenching images from autopsies and medical procedures.
Computer Service Langenbach, which operates the Joker.com registrar in Dusseldorf, Germany, yanked the Ogrish.com domain name from its database this week in response to a request from a German prosecutor, said the hosting service and the owner of the site Tuesday.

"I've never heard of a case where a registrar can disable a domain over content," said Ted Hickman, who runs Virginia-based ProHosters.com. "I certainly won't be registering any domains at Joker.com...We'll host anything that's legal in the U.S. It's not our job to determine whether content is acceptable to others."

Read full story here:

http://msn.com.com/2100-1105-984248.html

This page is however up and running, and there is some pretty sick stuff on there, so if u have a weak stomache, I advise that you do not visit it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well the site is definitely gruesome and you probably don't want to visit it. But do you think that gives the registrar or government or who ever the right to ban it?

•••
Nope because there is a warning on the site, so if people choose to look at it then they are doing it at their own decision.

•••
Definately. Freedom of Speech, even if that speech is repulsive and repugnant, is something that needs to be defended.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back