information German generic term domains

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

KoristNick

Established Member
Impact
1
Hi guys!
I'm new at this.
I wanted to ask if I have tqo domains, generic term in German, for example mechaniker.com and mechaniker.de, which one is more valuable?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
.de of course
 
1
•••
Thanks!
 
1
•••
Hi guys!
I'm new at this.
I wanted to ask if I have tqo domains, generic term in German, for example mechaniker.com and mechaniker.de, which one is more valuable?
Personally, I feel it's a two sided coin....

On one side of the coin, The .de would be the dominant higher value version in Germany and other regions that leverage the .de extension on a local/national level.

On the other side of the coin, expats and immigrants in other countries who speak German, but no longer have ties to Germany, may lean more on the .com version if they are now residing or doing business in a region that favors the .com gTLD more than a ccTLD.

I think it really boils down to the end users location, culture and nationality as to where their personal demand and value with be.
 
1
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back