IT.COM

question Geo Before or After Keyword(s)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I can't get my head around this. Are there any circumstances where the position of the Geo part of the domain name, has any benefit before or after the keyword(s)?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Geo + Kw usually gets much more searches according to Google than Kw + Geo which simply means that people actually search for Denver dentist as opposed to dentist Denver.

•••
Geo+KW is better in almost every situation. It is more natural and looks a lot better.

Brad

•••
I can't get my head around this. Are there any circumstances where the position of the Geo part of the domain name, has any benefit before or after the keyword(s)?
Geo + KW always #1. I have sold a lot of KW + Geo, but for very low ($XX-$XXX) out bounding and only to very flooded markets in big cities with very high competition. Plumbing, Restoration and Air Conditioning companies mostly. I Stopped years ago do to the fact most big markets have all combinations taken. And Google algorithms changing. Before you could get a website on top by cheating. A lot of service companies have 100's of websites to improve their adwords campaigns. So paying a lot for domains doesn't make sense to them unless premium name.

•••
While in general I agree that geo + KW usually is best, I think there are exceptions. For example, if you are doing VisitFlorida, which sold for $186,000 (or any other geo location after visit). it makes more sense to have the geo at the end. The same would be for words like Explore, Go etc.

Just another area of domain investing where no simple rule covers all cases!

•••
Geo + kw over the reverse. unless very high competition..b4 i reg a reverse..

•••
GEO + KW is the way to go, always preferable. There are cases in which KW + GEO is also valuable, but not as valuable, particularly for very competitive keywords.

Example

BostonPlumber.com - Best choice
PlumberBoston.com - Second choice, but also valuable

•••

There's a lot of GEMs that you can still hand register today and flip for a nice profit that are Keyword+Geo...
I sold hundreds of names over the years for $XXXX figures.: ModernFutnitureM/I/A/M/I.com, ForkliftsM/I/A/M/I.com, DentalImplantHouston.com etc etc
I hand reg everyday MANY such KW+Geo names.
The answer to your question: YES there's a LOT of value in KW+Geo names if you know what to pick.

I don't want to make a quick dollar with crypto, I am going to make millions for sure with domain investments. Stay obsessed! ~ Alex

I am editing this post and giving 1 freebie tip:
Here's a freebie for ANYONE wanting to make a nice flip available today on the GD expired lists:
personaltrainercambridge.com
$20 investment -> $1000USD+? sale
There's Cambridge MA, MD, OH, Canada, England etc etc
This is the type of KW+Geo name I buy all the time...

Last edited:
•••
TourMelbourne or MelbourneTour I think is all depends on the Keyword MelbournePets or PetsMelbourne ... the answer is pretty obvious, (first example both work, second example only the first works)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back