Dynadot

question General Value on 5 Letter Domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm a complete newb and just getting into domaining.

I wanted to know what a generic 5 letter domain would be worth.
It's just a mix of letters with no specific meaning.

What would you consider a 5 letter to be worth?

After that, if the domain has 450 backlinks and the birth year of the domain was back in 2000, how much would you increase its value on the above basic figure?

Appreciate the help,

JH

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A random character 5L .com isn't worth anything. You can pick them up at reg fee whenever you want.

A 5L .com that is pronounceable might have some potential value as a so-called "brandable", but it's entirely dependent on someone wanting to name their new business the same. It's really hit and miss, and most people miss.

A 5L .com that is a common (positive) word could be worth a few k to a few hundred k depending on the word and it's commercial significance.

The age of the domain alone doesn't really influence the value of a domain directly, and is more of a soft marker as to whether a domain might have value. The logic is simply that if someone has bothered renewing it for all those years, it might have some value. The problem is that there are plenty of stinky domains that have been renewed for decades, so as I said it's only a soft marker.

In terms of backlinks - the question is too wide. Depends entirely on where the backlinks are coming from, the traffic levels, industry etc.

When it comes to domains, there is no magic formula for gauging worth.

Last edited:
•••
Very educational, thank you very much.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back