Dynadot

Gebietsnamen.com!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Gebietsnamen.com >> Stands for "Domain Names" in German... How much would a domain, like this go for?

Do foreign names sell for alot/alittle?
Which ones usually sell fastest, or for the most money?

Thnx guys!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmm well ich spreche deutsch ein bisschen, aber I don't think it'll be that popular

regfee for now, sorry

Cheers
PolurNET

•••
•••
He said "I speak a little german, but ...."

•••
lol that's right P10n33R, do you know deutsch perhaps :) Das ist gut. Ich komme auch aus Kanada und studiere Deutsch in College....lol :)

•••
isnt that "domains names"

•••
I have Gebietnamen.com and Gebietname.com...the correct spellings if I am not mistaken

•••
That is not German for domainname. Actually the German word for domainname is Domainname.

Google.de results:
Ergebnisse 1 - 10 von ungefähr 196.000 Seiten auf Deutsch für domainname
Ergebnisse 1 - 10 von ungefähr 20 Seiten auf Deutsch für gebietname
Ergebnisse 1 - 9 von ungefähr 16 Seiten auf Deutsch für gebietnamen
Ergebnisse 1 - 10 von ungefähr 1.720 Seiten auf Deutsch für gebietsname
Ergebnisse 1 - 10 von ungefähr 678 Seiten auf Deutsch für gebietsnamen

Have a look at http:www.denic.de, it is the top registrar of .de domains. You will only find the word Domainname(n).

My appraisal: zero.

Hope you are not too disappointed.

•••
Gebiet...actually means territory, district, zone or area...

unfortunately not "domain names".
Even worse, grammatically it would have to be GEBIETsNAME / NAMEN...but that word has no proper meaning.
SORRY

•••
Thats cool, I never regged it. :)

•••
•••
Oopsy... didn't even know there were rules! :)

•••
ArticoJr. said:

now you know... :)

but atleast you didn't regged it... value is = zero :lol: just a waste of $$

best of luck ArticoJr.
:talk:

•••
goto google and do a search for "Gebiet namen" and "Gebiet name"
It seems there is quite alot of activity using these terms..if you use a german to english translator you put in "domain name" and it gives you "Gebiet name"

•••
Yeah, I understand German, but don't speak it.

•••
Somehow I knew that it was german before opening the thread up.

Well one thing is for sure, people who don't know any german can easially recognize that it is german but I am not sure if thats a good thing. :-/

Well if that means Domain Name in german as you said I would guess millions. But since by other posts it's appearent that, that isn't what it means, more like area name I wouldn't appraise it that high.

But I would give it something, your going to have to change your development idea for it, could have maps or something (just a thought) but certinly not worthless like others said.

Low/Med XX. I think it just depends on how you look at it.

Oh and now that I typed all that and did all that thinking, you didn't register it. :| :| :| (angriest smilies there are)

•••
superdealchris said:
goto google and do a search for "Gebiet namen" and "Gebiet name"
It seems there is quite alot of activity using these terms..if you use a german to english translator you put in "domain name" and it gives you "Gebiet name"

Sorry mate, I do not use a translator...I am German.
Oh, yes, you will find some 373,000 results for gebiet name on Google, reflecting two different words: gebiet ( which in this case is mainly used to describe a certain area of the country ) and name...
pretty lame.

•••
•••
ArticoJr. said:

Now you know. Again ... all together now ... post only domains you own or control in the Domain Appraisals forum. %%-

thread moved from Domain Appraisals to Domain Name Discussions

•••
What domains usually go for more $$? French, German, Spanish?

•••
I think German, but... ahem, make sure you really know what you reg (read: check with a good dictionary)

•••
Thnx for the advice! :tu:

•••
German is probabally best next to English.

Heres my guess at what the ranks would be (If there actually were ranks)

English
German
Japanese
Chinese/Keorean
Arabic/Hindi/Russian
French/Spanish/Dutch/Itallian
Other small European Languages
Other Languages

•••
•••
I agree...and guess what I have been getting about 5 uniques a day /each since I regged the "domain/area name(s)" in german...someone out there is typing it in! Maybe people who learned Germna as a second lanuguage? Oh..well..only cost $12 and I like them either way correct or incorrect...kinda like the difference between bizness and business

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back