NameSilo

.biz Future of .biz ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

future of .biz

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't much like the extension,But is well suited for select business sites IMO

•••
I think the future is very rosy for .biz

•••
Yea, I am not a fan of them, but I think they have a good future

•••
I really like .biz. I believe that it will turn out to be really a nice choice for people trying to do business on net.

Thanks,
Pratik

•••
excellento future as .coms are noo longer really available they are best suited for biz, peace

•••
I feel that they will be pretty good, since the other extentions are filling up fast

•••
It might take a while, but I believe .biz will do well.

•••
I don't see a good future for them, at all. I'm sure we'll still see the occasional low four-figure sale on premium words, but I can't see .BIZ ever going mainstream. Too unprofessional looking and slang-like to be taken seriously, IMHO.

.INFO :tu:
.US :tu:
.BIZ :td:

•••
Well known for get-rich-quick schemes, therefore:
BAD!

•••
I feel that .biz is a little too restrictive, but some words fit the extension well.

•••
Seems like it doing better this year than last at DNjournal new tld list for sales.

•••
•••
Michael do you think it will stay around as a dominant tld? Thank you

•••
-RJ- said:
I don't see a good future for them, at all. I'm sure we'll still see the occasional low four-figure sale on premium words, but I can't see .BIZ ever going mainstream. Too unprofessional looking and slang-like to be taken seriously, IMHO.

.INFO :tu:
.US :tu:
.BIZ :td:

Cool - Cause I don't like it either and was feeling like the minority here..........

•••
Michael do you think it will stay around as a dominant tld? Thank you
Of the top 5 TLDs, .biz is firmly entrenched as #5. That's the bad news. The good news is that it is grouped w/ .com, .net, .org, and .info is gaining more recognition as being viable, (ie enom Club Drop), and it does have a well defined purpose ie a commerce/business alternative to .com. I have sold 1 for low$xxxx, 2 others for $100 ea and have turned down offers for a couple of others.

W/o looking at the poll, I'd estimate the split on the potential of .biz among resellers is about 65% pro and 35% against. (whoa! swear I just looked-not bad on the est :kickass: ) The most common complaint is an aesthetic one- a sense that .biz is cute and/or cheesy. I worked in the entertainment biz for 25+ years, where the knicname is used at least as much as the full, so I've grown accustomed to hearing the term and personally like it.

My portfolio runs about 40% .com, 5%.net/.org, 25% .info, 15%.biz, 10% .us and 5% .name and misc .cctlds. My approach is to spread it out, and don't put too many eggs in the .biz basket. But I do believe there are rewards ahead for .biz, but that is based more on intuition/speculation than on any solid evidence. How much .biz is developed, and the quality of the development, will be the key to it's near term, (ie within next 5 years),
success. :imho:

Last edited:
•••
I like .BIZ, and I have plans on developing a few more that I have moth-balled over @ godaddy.

AmCy

•••
Assuming the .COM is out of reach (or taken) I believe a business that is serious about the internet would go with .BIZ & .US over .INFO (which I consider to be long and ugly). I am more picky with .INFO than any other TLD for this very reason. Look for the extension to possibly hit a low spot later this fall while .BIZ & .US continue soaring to new heights by years end. The major advantage BIZ has over US is it's ability to be used worldwide with regards to branding.

•••
Thanks for the answer Michael and you too Clemzon.

•••
My gut says "no", in all honesty, as I think .biz sounds much less professional than .com or .web (not available) or just about .anything else...
It is intuitive, but I think the next big extension will be .net, as many people use .net for their e-mail addresses already (The big ISP's).
Of course, I can always be wrong (often am).
-Allan

•••
Well, that being said, I think I'd better hurry and change my Sig. (of course, nobody will know what I'm talking about once I change my sig- but what's new?)
BTW, I'm still feeling very satisfied about my 65%-35% *cold* projection, regardless of what the .biz tld ends up doing in the future. :p

Last edited:
•••
...quite often when one is searching on a keyword or phrase, the only recognised generic remaining is .biz. If you think the name is important enough then the .biz is worth serious consideration rather than some of the micky-mouse ccTLDs.

•••
I agree with -RJ-; it looks quite unprofessional. It reminds me of scam sites for some reason.

So therefore I say "bad".

True_Snake

•••
The .COM namespace is known for its poor business models, con jobs and an era gone horribly bad, besides being known for its extreme landmass of rubbish sites, extreme clutter and poor differentiation potential, ppc weed, and tens of millions of rotting silly names like 123goodgrief98.com. All said, .BIZ is not a bad choice for a B2B business to set up home. I have no doubt .BIZ has a bright future, for those who are bright enough to see its unique angle in.

•••
mole said:
The .COM namespace is known for........ its extreme landmass of rubbish sites, extreme clutter and poor differentiation potential, ppc weed, and tens of millions of rotting silly names like 123goodgrief98.com. All said, .BIZ is not a bad choice for a B2B business to set up home. I have no doubt .BIZ has a bright future, for those who are bright enough to see its unique angle in.

www.AbuDhabi.biz
www.Maldives.biz
www.Nepal.biz
www.Memphis.biz
www.RioDejaneiro.biz
www.MexicoCity.biz
www.Real-Estate.biz

and...many more to come....

Disclaimer.....They are all mine.... ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back