IT.COM

.biz Future of .biz ?

NameSilo
Watch

future of .biz

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
cera said:
Yah, Yah I know I was a little hard on poor .biz :hehe:
But I really don't like it and would be disappointed if it does in fact take off and gain any real value. Biz is slang for business, right. I have trouble taking a business seriously that would use .biz

I suspect that .biz is one of the current extensions that will fall by the wayside as new extensions are made available.

KidsClothes.us / AidsTesting.info / WorldWideTrade.net

I have to agree.

•••
The extention is not popular among speculators/domainers, but it does have a notable number of endusers.

some examples:

panasonic.biz
gamesindustry.biz
nsba.biz
livedoor.biz
foresters.biz

•••
I think .biz has alot of potential with all the new e-businesses coming out.

•••
Huge companies won't want .biz because they believe they must be .com or the owner of .com will get "their" hits from type-ins.

The ideal user is probably localized small businesses using somewhat generic names. What hairdresser wouldn't mind having hair.biz or beautyshop.biz? So what if the .com is taken. It's probably not by anyone who they compete with locally. Particularly if the .com name alternate would be unavailable, very long, or hyphenated. In this example, which would be better and most affordable for email for a hypothetical company "Cincinnati Hair Design":

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

All three .biz would be shorter and affordable or available, and their counterparts likely unaffordable in .com for a smalltime operator.

I only target this type business use for .biz names. There is a market, but it's an economy market for the most part.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back