Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

FrontPage Vs macromedia Vs GoLive Vs....Notepad?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Biggie_mac

Established Member
Impact
0
What do u guys use for web design? What would you recommend? I am using frontpage but I don't quite like it. Has a lot of bugs. What are your opinions?

And by the way who can give me some hints regarding CSS tutorials? I can look it up with google but I thought u guys might know some sites that teach CSS from the start so even uneperienced guys can learne it. Thanx
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I used Dreamweaver MX and Textpad.

GoLive CS 2 has excellent CSS features, so hopefully Adobe will integrate this into the next version of Dreamweaver.

CSS is very easy to learn. Once you know the syntax (takes less than a minute) all you need is a handy reference by your side. O'Reilly have some good pocket reference books, or else just print one from the web.
 
0
•••
Of late I have switched to designing with CSS. Definitely CSS Rocks. Whatever you do I suggest you to make your website W3C validated as much as possible. Sometimes it will be tough but still you can minimise your page errors with the validator. :blink:
 
0
•••
I have dreamweaver mx and front page 2003. I hear dreamweaver is way better than fp, but I can't figure out dreamweaver, it is just too complicated for me to use. On the other hand fp is fairly easy to figure out. If I can figure it out, I would think almost anyone could. But if you have html knowledge then go with dreamweaver, it has a lot more options to use than fp. Good Luck.
Nikki
 
0
•••
Dreamweaver, textpad and php designer for me.
 
0
•••
I use FrontPage most of the time because its very east to use, but Macromedia when I need to do something complicated...
 
0
•••
I like notepad and dreamweaver.... :tu:

frontpage.. :td: I dont like at all... adds code thats not needed ... at least it used to...
 
0
•••
ALWAYS use notepad if you are new to HTML, I use dreamweaver because I'm a busy guy :)

...BBEdit is nice
 
0
•••
I use only dreamweaver . I used frontpage earlier on, but once i got dreamweaver, i just cantleave it. Its amazing !
 
0
•••
majinbuu1023 said:
Cmon.. notepads the best and it always will be

Yea, I do use notepad allot because lots of editing programs change something without me knowing, but i do the basic design in a program called nvu, www.nvu.com and it is free!
 
0
•••
I dont like front page, I have never used it properly because I found it to be very restictive, I use notepad or sometimes dreamweaver.

As for css tutorials I think this should be very helpful: http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Starts from the very basics of it.
 
0
•••
Notepad is the MANNNN

But im lazy and sometimes have to work really hard on most days so i use dreamweaver. Id got far:

1) Notepad
2) Dreamweaver

PERIOD!!!!!!
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back