IT.COM

domains From System Engineering to Brand Engineering with BrandBucket Founder Margot Bushnaq

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Screen-Shot-2020-08-13-at-7.28.46-AM.png
What do you get when you combine backgrounds in linguistics, systems engineering, and a serial entrepreneurial spirit? 🤔

One could likely answer with varying ideas, but the one capturing my mind is the person behind the magical veil of the brandable domain marketplace BrandBucket: Margot Bushnaq (@margotb).

You’ve likely heard of BrandBucket, especially if you participate in domain investing, venture capital, or startup circles, but may not know much of the elusive Margot. She doesn’t do interviews often, so I was over-the-moon elated when she obliged the request of her presence on the show.

So, get in a comfy place, break out the pen and paper, and get ready for today’s podcast with this powerhouse daughter, wife, mom, entrepreneur, and investor, to say the least.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I listened to this podcast prior to your posting about it on your blog, @Alvin Brown , and I think it is one of your best interviews.

I really like the low-key, sensible, eloquent way that @margotb speaks. The line she mentioned near the end, which discussing which names are potentially a good fit to BB, about "the names you love but can't quite explain why", as well as other points such as the fit to a multitude of buyers, and thinking carefully about what names fit what marketplaces, are all sensible advice.

I had not known anything about her background until this interview.

You have done a superb job of introducing us to so many diverse people in this incredible industry through your interviews @Alvin Brown . Look forward to listening to many more.

Bob

•••
I listened to this podcast prior to your posting about it on your blog, @Alvin Brown , and I think it is one of your best interviews.

I really like the low-key, sensible, eloquent way that @margotb speaks. The line she mentioned near the end, which discussing which names are potentially a good fit to BB, about "the names you love but can't quite explain why", as well as other points such as the fit to a multitude of buyers, and thinking carefully about what names fit what marketplaces, are all sensible advice.

I had not known anything about her background until this interview.

You have done a superb job of introducing us to so many diverse people in this incredible industry through your interviews @Alvin Brown . Look forward to listening to many more.

Bob

@Bob Hawkes // @margotb was a thrill to interview, to say the least. There's way more to her and husband's story. So many questions I have, yet only so much time allotted (for now). :) Again, thank you sir for your feedback and kind words. I'm glad you as well as others are finding great value in the breadth of work produced thus far. I learn so much each time I'm afforded the opportunity to sit on the opposite side of the mic to connect with and engage an interviewee. While a labor of love, I'm beyond grateful to share each interview and that each person is willing to share their journey with the industry. Thank you again for your treasured words and acknowledgement.

•••
Excellent interview. Thank you!

I shared the link with the BrandBucket Slack community, hope that's OK:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back