Domain Empire

.us FreeWiFi.us - Sold $500 via Sedo.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

-db-

NamePros Inc.VIP Member
Impact
FreeWifi.us - $500. The transaction is complete.

It's not a big sale, but still... not bad for a .US 2-word "Free" name.

What makes this memorable for me, is I almost didn't renew it a few months back. I was dealing with some health problems and didn't feel good, and I let a bunch of names drop because I didn't want to hassle with them. But I managed to save this one, and a few other mobile related .US names.

So that $7 renewal fee paid off.

I hope it's going to get developed. I've sold so many great .US domains over the past few years, but sadly most of them are still just parked or even worse, dead pages that don't resolve. The .US space needs more development!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
congratulations for the sale

•••
never the less good sale seeing wht .us is going through.

now i have got all the reason to hold on to rentproperty.us

Cheers

•••
-db- said:
Exactly.

Good sale .. Congrats db :tu:

•••
Thanks guys. :)

My confidence in .US has been a little down lately, so it's good to get a random, unexpected sale like this.

•••
-db- said:

What makes this memorable for me, is I almost didn't renew it a few months back. I was dealing with some health problems and didn't feel good, and I let a bunch of names drop because I didn't want to hassle with them. But I managed to save this one, and a few other mobile related .US names.

So that $7 renewal fee paid off.

I hope it's going to get developed. I've sold so many great .US domains over the past few years, but sadly most of them are still just parked or even worse, dead pages that don't resolve. The .US space needs more development!

I had a low $xxxx sale of a two word .us last year - I was letting the name drop and it was listed on TDNAM when I got the email. We agreed on a price, then I went and paid the $80 to renew (it was still in the renewable stage) and did the deal!

Other side of the coin - last week I got a $xxxx offer on a name listed at Moniker, that I sold as part of a bulk sale earlier in the year. The names in the bulk deal worked out at just over $100 each.

Snakes and ladders!

Anyway, nice sale -db-. I would've been happy with that price!

•••
Nice sale, sounds like one they will use to me!

•••
-db- said:
Thanks guys. :)

My confidence in .US has been a little down lately, so it's good to get a random, unexpected sale like this.

Comment removed and very definitely, withdrawn.

Last edited:
•••
-db- said:

Congrats on the sale!
:bingo:

•••
Decent sale considering the current market.

I've heard whispers that some the "If its not a .com its crap" crowd have started to buy .us domains. I'll have to find out where I had the chat, but if remember correctly they were hand regging a bunch of geo+keyword niche names by the hundreds.

•••
duceman said:
Decent sale considering the current market.

I've heard whispers that some the "If its not a .com its crap" crowd have started to buy .us domains. I'll have to find out where I had the chat, but if remember correctly they were hand regging a bunch of geo+keyword niche names by the hundreds.

nice sale DB!

i have to say, many .us actually get some type-in traffic. From my sedo stats, i see people from europe and asia typing in many of these names. I think .us is underrated.....

•••
freewifi.us and wethepeople.org

Thank you so much for the domain freewifi.us. The funny thing about this domain is that yes I did also own it once but did not pay the renewal just like you almost did. I also own freewifi.net which was ejected from 1and1.com who is in my opinion committing wrongs against 1000s of people. I was even approached by a top google inventor for the purchase of this domain which I did not go through with due to an interest in building out a truly free wifi network that allows an individual to login remotely from other wifi access points to their home computer creating a win win with the telcos and net community. I am looking for proper legal representation and would love input from other namepros members on who I should use for the Class action case I will be filing? Made the frontpage of USA Today Dec 6th 99 for an internet voting initiative I wrote in California before wethepeople.org was stolen in Aug of 2000. I just recovered this domain 2 years ago and will be relaunching both initiatives this summer.

•••
Congrats on the sale .. I think the purchaser got a good deal as well as I think it's a bit undervalued. It could really go places with development as a directory perhaps.

•••
-db- said:
I agree 100%. Congrats on the sale. Based on some of the current prices for expired auctions at TDNAM, both the buyer and seller appear to have done well on this sale.

Congrats again!

•••
wethepeople said:
I am looking for proper legal representation and would love input from other namepros members on who I should use for the Class action case I will be filing? Made the frontpage of USA Today Dec 6th 99 for an internet voting initiative I wrote in California before wethepeople.org was stolen in Aug of 2000. I just recovered this domain 2 years ago and will be relaunching both initiatives this summer.

Welcome to Namepros wethepeople, sounds like a cool project.
For your legal question you will probably get better feedback if you start a new thread in the Legal Issues section of the forum here:
http://www.namepros.com/legal-issues-and-disputes/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back