NameSilo

domain Closed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Anyone have any knowledge in regards to .ca domain names. Picked up the following domain after it expired. I generally stay away from non 1 word .ca domains but I felt this one was worth an exception.

Thoughts?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tried to go for that one too, lol. But, you obviously got there before me. x)

It's a great name in that everyone knows and recognizes the term "Free WiFi", but the issue is: "free" isn't exactly sexy. So, it's hard to sell/monetize (IMO).

My idea, and probably everyone else's too, was to create a map of free wifi spots. Create site/app and monetize with ads.

Something else you might be able to do is: supply public spaces and businesses with Free Wifi (for free to the business), and then find a way to monetize the users (with ads?). But, this would be a lot more capital and time intensive.

I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fairly limited domain, and hard to put a numeric value on...

Good luck! :)

•••
I tried to go for that one too, lol. But, you obviously got there before me. x)

It's a great name in that everyone knows and recognizes the term "Free WiFi", but the issue is: "free" isn't exactly sexy. So, it's hard to sell/monetize (IMO).

My idea, and probably everyone else's too, was to create a map of free wifi spots. Create site/app and monetize with ads.

Something else you might be able to do is: supply public spaces and businesses with Free Wifi (for free to the business), and then find a way to monetize the users (with ads?). But, this would be a lot more capital and time intensive.

I'm not sure what else to say. It's a fairly limited domain, and hard to put a numeric value on...

Good luck! :)

I'm sure we weren't the only ones eying that one. Anyways, I listed it at Godaddy as a 7 day auction with a reasonable start price for a quick flip. We'll see how it goes.

•••
I'm sure we weren't the only ones eying that one. Anyways, I listed it at Godaddy as a 7 day auction with a reasonable start price for a quick flip. We'll see how it goes.

I actually gave it some further though. Thinking I could monetize this. Thinking about what you said, a database of all free wifi locations across Canada.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back