Domain Empire

Free Website That allows Own Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Can someone suggest the best free website service that allows you to use your own domain name.

I am not wanting one of those with a sub domain in the URL etc.

Is this possible? It is for a friends daughter not me, hence free, and to be honest i dont know shit about websites these days.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Frihost.com is a great forum and webhost for beginners. They require you post on there forum to get access and I believe they allow personal domains (last time I checked). As far as hosting I would really recommend paid as its usually a lot faster and they get better support. You can get good hosting for under $50 a year.

•••
For bloggy type thing you can use Tumblr or Blogger.

Tumblr is like halfway between Twitter and a Blog imo.

•••
Thanks for the help guys, i like the look of tumbler, im probably going to recommend she use that.

I would much prefer to rot in hell than try and teach a 15 year old to create a complex website from scratch!

•••
Bytehost offers free hosting for nothing in return. No ads, no forum posting.
I started out with them only when i couldn't afford hosting a long time back. There service is very good.

•••
Check out x10hosting.com

•••
Check out FreeWebHostess.Net!

•••
Thanks everyone for the ideas but we went with Tumblr on this one, just wanted to keep it simple as possible.

Not the easiest to get the domain hooked up on there with the A record change but i worked it out.

•••
If it is a blog, google's blogspot is supporting own TLDs. But for the free hosting provider offering you just a regular cPanel account it is common to allow domain names of your own.

•••
Search for free hosting via any engine, I believe they all do allow using domain name you own. Some of the paid providers also have an option of free hosting.

•••
you can suggest "freehosting" to get free web hosting services and domain names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back