Domain Empire

.info Free .info's

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Dotster has now jumped on the bandwagon :)

Rgds
MAtt

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yup. Just got the notice via email. Good thing I had my next 25 .info lined up and ready to go. Time to paaarty!

So that makes four registrars now, right? Including domainsite, namesecure, and domaindiscount24. More would soon come online with the free promo, is my guess.

•••
with that happening... the value of these domains will be dropping, unless the domain names are really good ones

•••
So the 25 limit is really per registrar, right?

BTW, in dotster's case, you can't make changes to the registrant info till Jan., 2005. I think.

•••
•••
stjjchs said:
with that happening... the value of these domains will be dropping, unless the domain names are really good ones

Surely, the value of reg fee domains will surely drop, all the way to zero. But even marginally good names should retain their value, or may even increase since it will soon become impossible to find good ones, even for free.

<crosses fingers> :p

•••
it all depends what we define as good

•••
Hehe, I just love this ;D

•••
Kickass!

SY4 said:
Dotster has now jumped on the bandwagon :)

Righto, just got the E-mail as well! :tu:
I'm waiting 3 - 4+/+ days for everyone to gobble up all the cruddy ones, leaving me with some gems in the rough! :laugh:
Woop! :$:

:notme:

•••
Dotster won't allow registrant changes until January. Any of the other registrars have unusual restrictions on the free 25?

•••
Dotster is an awesome registrar, so hopefully more places will follow their lead.

•••
looks good.. ill have to get some more.

•••
Where else can you register the free infos? I got 25 from Dotster today. Can I do another 25 somewhere else?

•••
spikedo said:
Where else can you register the free infos? I got 25 from Dotster today. Can I do another 25 somewhere else?
i think that you can. I am trying to get another list done. Too bad i don't have a cc

•••
isn't another registrar doing this besides Dotster? What happens if you have 2 Dotster accounts? Can you get another 25?

•••
spikedo said:
isn't another registrar doing this besides Dotster? What happens if you have 2 Dotster accounts? Can you get another 25?

I would refrain from doing that at any of the registrars, since they all warn that the extras will either be cancelled or charged at full price...

•••
Anthony said:
spikedo said:

I would refrain from doing that at any of the registrars, since they all warn that the extras will either be cancelled or charged at full price...
by mistake, i have made 2 accounts at domainsite but i only have 21 and 4 in each and makes 25. Do you think that that would be a problem?

•••
is both account using the same address and name? If so you may run into problem. I suggest you change one to another member in your household.

•••
so we are allowed to register 25 free .info's per registrar.anyone here done this i.e using more than 1 registrar?

•••
ichibaka said:
is both account using the same address and name? If so you may run into problem. I suggest you change one to another member in your household.
would there be problems even if it is only 25 domains in total? I will change it then

•••
Its easy enough to open up another account in your wife's/grans name, whatever.. Just give it a different email address.
I'd recommend 25 names at each registrar to be safe, each with a differnt name and email contact, even if the home address is the same. So that makes 100 ! So far....

Problem is, I am finding it difficult to come with 25 names on the spot, very difficult.... :tri:

•••
U Can get free info at domainsite.com too :)

•••
domainsite.com is always down... not reliable. what if you urgently need to redirect it or change the nameservers, and it is down?

•••
Yeah true... but i'm new on the game :P And before the first down yesterday i've got no idea that is a bad registar... :S

•••
some sites ask for a cc but i've tried leaving the fields blank and it works

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back