Dynadot

Free Hosting with Joomla

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All.

Is there any free hosting which allows Joomla ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If they use cPanel and allow MySQL databases, it should work fine.
I don't recommend it though, it would probably go very slow.

•••
Jafhost said:
If they use cPanel and allow MySQL databases, it should work fine.
I don't recommend it though, it would probably go very slow.

Um Jeff... Who are they?/ :-/

•••
I have no idea about free providers. Probably you can find suggestion on the freeWHT forums or on the drupal support forums as well?

•••
•••
Joomla must have own recommendations for web hosting. Also freewebspace is good place to search for free web hosting solutions.

•••
Any free web hosting service with PHP and MySQL support should support that.

•••
Yes freewebspace is the biggest guide for free web hosting

•••
Just don't know how reliable they are.

•••
With a free web host, you dont buy their services, so even if they are unreliable, you cant really blame them for that, you only get what you pay for :)

That being said, i think there are plenty of hosts that allow free hosting for mySQL powered sites.

Last edited:
•••
Try 000webhost. They offer free PHP+MySQL hosting, so that should do.
But let me warn you, you can never trust any free host. They can kick you or close the shop any time. If you really want to use them, always keep a backup on your machine.

•••
RaviUTA said:
Hi All.

Is there any free hosting which allows Joomla ?

Have you taken a look around Joomlas website? I know that PHPBB advertises some free suggested hosts.

•••
Any free host with fantastico will have joomla because its preinstalled.

•••
Thanks for the replies guys.

•••
im using byethost.net its free and no ads. the control pannel has joomla auto installer and it is very easy to install joomla. also they give us 5.5GB space and 200GB monthly traffic

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back