IT.COM

Free .COM and .NET Domain Names at Domain.com

NameSilo
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
I've just got mail from Domain.com.

At 3:00 pm Pacific, July 19, 2016, Domain.com will give away FREE .COM and .NET domain names, in 1 hour only.

Take a note on your calendar right now!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We are talking about a limited promo from one registrar, the registry never gives domains away for free.
I wonder what kind of margin the registrars are making on $0.01 .xyz ?

Kate, I expected you would talk about .xyz and evwn though I am not .xzy fan, why dont you talk about sites like this that offer many time in a month unlimited promos like $1 , $1.99 , even $3 for two year registration (best promo since drops wont happen until after two years and people might be tempted to register many domains for two years..
at the end..that is more than $20 save I think)?

I say .com management are doing the same as .xzy so they can counter the numbers

•••
Were all the domains deleted or 1 was left?

Its not his domains.
Someone used coupon on more then 1 account so they suspended his account and deleted all the extra registrations

•••
He's a big .xyz fan and .com hater, that's literally never sold 1 domain in his life, upset that people were clowning on those penny registrations, so this gave him a little joy, even tho he doesn't quite understand how it works. Even tho .com didn't have any trouble growing when it was very expensive back in the day or would continue to grow at full price today.

These kind of promotions are usually registrar promotions. All those GoDaddy coupons were to grow GoDaddy, bring business to themselves. .com doesn't need that help. Unlike a lot of these new gtlds.

Correction @JB Lions

I am not a ".com hater" as shown in my ItsMoreFunInDavaoCity.com website.

But I can see through popular opinion and current market conditions.

2-word, 3-word .com domains that include bad grammer and mispells are absolutely worthless but are currently selling for $1,000 to $10,000, and in some cases more.

As I have stated before, single keyword and short .com's will remain valuable but the domain names you would never even consider in nGTLD will decrease in value in .com over time.

Some 3 to 4 word+ domains are okay to use too, but there has to be a valid reason such as ItsMoreFunInDavaoCity.com

(Its More Fun In the Philippines is a household phrase over here).

•••
•••
It's too risky to share coupon code public. Your registered domains maybe removed and lock account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back