Dynadot

For new webmasters....

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How to Promote Your Site for Free

There are actually a lot of ideas around but most of them are obsolete and not effective anymore. Free website promotion and advertising does not require any expertise in advertising. It requires only time, hard work, and dedication.

Myseoblog.net, a “dofollow” blog and now have PR3 and PR2 in some pages got it’s organic traffic from google without spending a cent since launched last November. Others spent hundreds of dollars in promotion of new blogs. These includes directory submissions, blog and forum postings, and even dummy posting. These paid methods are actually less effective compared to free advertising if you are doing it right.

So what I am doing with this blog? Why I am getting traffic without paying anything?

I am going to enumerate the things I have done regarding the promotion of this site. If you are just starting your own blog and don’t want to spend any amount in promotion, you may follow some of the following simple fee ways. I listed only some basic and most effective ways of self promotion.

1. Forum Posting and Signatures - this is by far the most effective way for me to have both short term and ling term visitors. There are a lot of forums to advertise with and to post with your signature. Consider these lists: Free Ads Forums and Moneymaking & webmasters Forums

2. Social Bookmarking - You may also submit your site in Social Bookmarking Sites. Many don’t like SBS advertising but for fast and immediate traffic, this is one of the best options.

3. Yahoo Answers - try to answer some questions related to your site and post your link. I got 3,400 unique visitors in one day last month because of yahoo answers.

4. Blog Comments - The last thing that I am doing when I have extra time. Posting on others’ blogs with your link could increase your backlinks.

5. Craigslist - I am getting around 20 unique hits per day from a single post in craigslit.

The above is just a basic procedure and good for someone who is starting to create his website. There are a lot of long-term ways but you may try first the above options. It is not advisable for a new webmaster to use advanced SEO tools yet so in order to buil traffic first, forum posting alon and entrecard dropping can give you a substantial amount of visitors.

Other SEO includes Directory Submissions, Link Exchange, Article Submissions, SE submissions, and viral (I personally not recommend) .

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Forum sigs is still the best....its like hitting 2 birds in one stone...forums is a place to learn....there are lots of good webmasters here....at the same time...your sig on every post provides you with backlinks....

blog posting is also great but requires a lot of time and patience

You can also try doing a 3o day challenge as what I have read in one blog...where you will update your blog daily for 30 days straight...after every post use a ping service to broadcast your update....i tried this for 4 straight days and I see the increase of traffic...

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back