IT.COM

question For close to deleting domains wouldn't ordering backorder be cheaper?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hello

have some domains I totally missed. and I think will delete. one question.

the registrar that these are deleting from? if you didn't want to pay for the crazy redemption fee. isn't the cheaper option to pay in the same registrar a backorder fee?

a naive person would say "wouldn't it be easy for the current registrar of a deleting domain be able to be faster at grabbing it's own deleting domain?"

sounds simple enough. would save you $$$

but I doubt it's that simple.

anyone been thru this yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the registrar is not dropping the domain but the registry is. Every registrar has a shot at this domain when it's dropping, so it is risky to go that route instead of paying the recovery fee.

•••
Hello,

It depends on the exact prices. I have recommended people wait and either hand reg or backorder, rather than restore a domain name from redemption. Especially true if the domain is dropping within about a week.

Regards,
Samnuel L Dotson

•••
Forgot to add, once domains are dropped, it is first come first served, so the previous (current Registrar) does not have a better chance of getting it back.

Samuel L Dotson

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back