question Food or foods... Which one valuable? New bee please answer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Abhikrishna

Established Member
Impact
Food or foods...? Which one is valuable? Please answer, new bee in Domaining

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It depends, but in general I would prefer food.

It is a word like properties where the plural works, but most times the singular tense is superior.

Brad

•••
•••
I like food, but some foods, I don't like

:)

imo...

•••
I think that either could work, and what word combined with says which is better. For example I would think that EthnicFoods is better than singular, but EnjoyFood is better.

Just for fun, I saw which is more popular in Google searches. Foods has 5.4 billion and food about 5.3 billion, but maybe that just means it includes food with foods search?

The exact word food has sold 10 times listed NameBio, but foods just twice.

The highest price for a domain sale involving foods was nextfoods (in com) for $80,000
Babyfood (also com) for $70,000 was highest sale in singular.

Got to go, this conversation making me hungry :xf.grin:!

•••
Like others have rightly said, it's all about the context

•••
All things being reasonably equal, prefer the singular to the plural.

In a large competitive market ( presumed large marketplace ) a good plural could surely suffice.

If available and price feasible would consider acquiring the desired name (s) in singular and plural.

•••
•••
For consumers, food.

For companies, slight preference for foods in the name I would say.

Try googling inurl:foods.com and you find plenty of companies using *foods.com domains.

Wholefoods.com redirects to wholefoodsmarket.com, who also own wfm.com it seems.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back