Dynadot

Font Size in CSS Stylescript

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

briguy

Guru In Remission!Top Member
Impact
Hey there, hoping someone can help! I been working on a old html/css website of mine (before wordpress lol)
Anyway here is the CSS Stylesheet that I been using

.wrapper{
margin: 0px auto;
width: 820px;
background-color: rgb(51, 102, 153)
}
.header{
float: left;
width: 100%;
height: 100%;
background-color: rgb(246, 248, 94)
}
.content{
}
.footer{
width: 100%; height: 100%;
}
body
{
background-image:url('Make-free-Money-now-background-image-(myway2fortune.info).jpg');
background-repeat:repeat-y;
}

Now I would like to enlarge the font on my website that uses this stylesheet ( http://myway2fortune.info ) and yet keep "black" as the color! Not sure about background color yet but would like to see a bigger font (pixels)!
I sure would appreciate any help! Did check out http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_font.asp .
Also if this is any help I used <blockquote> instead of <p> Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if you want to change the font size of your content, just change this part:

.content{
}

to

.content{
background-color: rgb(246, 248, 94);
font-size: 16px; /** change the size according to your needs**/
}

•••
Thanks for responding so fast techie14 but I did try your suggestion
font-size: 16px; and it didn't work, even experimented with
font-size: 156px; and no change?

•••
at the end of your css file, add this:

blockquote {
font-size:16px !important;
}

•••
at the end of your css file, add this:

blockquote {
font-size:16px !important;
}
Thanks it works!!!
Just to double check... this is the new code

.wrapper{
margin: 0px auto;
width: 816px;
background-color: rgb(51, 102, 153);
}
.header{
}
.content{
}
.footer{
width: 100%; height: 100%;
}
body
{
background-image:url('Make-free-Money-now-background-image-(myway2fortune.info).jpg');
background-repeat:repeat-y;
}
blockquote {
font-size:24px
}

•••
always put semi-colon ( ; ) at the end.

blockquote {
font-size:24px;
}

Glad to help! Cheers!

•••
always put semi-colon ( ; ) at the end.

blockquote {
font-size:24px;
}

Glad to help! Cheers!

Semicolons are not required for the last item inside the braces.

•••
Well, I am using Godaddy file manager and when I copied and it pasted the coding without the semi-colon, there was a "Yellow exclamation mark" on the last line, once I put in the semi-colon, the exclamation mark disappeared! But with or without the last semi-colon, the site looked the same...

•••
Well, I am using Godaddy file manager and when I copied and it pasted the coding without the semi-colon, there was a "Yellow exclamation mark" on the last line, once I put in the semi-colon, the exclamation mark disappeared! But with or without the last semi-colon, the site looked the same...

Just godaddy being godaddy.

If you ever use a minification program for css files like the YUI compressor it will remove the ending semicolon. Semicolons are only needed to separate the declared properties and since there isn't one at the end it isn't needed so it can be omitted to optimize the code.

The same goes for inline styles - if you put all your css in between quote marks the last one will not need the semicolon.

•••
Just godaddy being godaddy.

If you ever use a minification program for css files like the YUI compressor it will remove the ending semicolon. Semicolons are only needed to separate the declared properties and since there isn't one at the end it isn't needed so it can be omitted to optimize the code.

The same goes for inline styles - if you put all your css in between quote marks the last one will not need the semicolon.
No offense, The New Quy but what you posted sounded like Latin to me! Please bear in mind that, I am in no way a coder (know a minimal of HTML and as for any CSS, W3schools was were I copied and pasted!) Also in no way, I am challenging your expertise and I do appreciate you comments!

•••

Yep, I know but for web designers/developers it's a good practice to put semi-colon at the end of every declaration block especially if you are just starting learning html/css. Besides, like what you've stated, there are tons of good CSS compressor like YUI compressor to do that job.

•••
Yep, I know but for web designers/developers it's a good practice to put semi-colon at the end of every declaration block especially if you are just starting learning html/css. Besides, like what you've stated, there are tons of good CSS compressor like YUI compressor to do that job.

During development I use them everywhere because I usually add items to the end of the list. but once the css files gets to a certain length I just replace all ;} with } since it's faster than jumping out and compressing the file.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back