Watch

alexatopper

Established Member
Impact
Just received an email with subject : From the CEO. What's new at Flippa

It seems flippa has made changes to its pricing structure

f.png

f1.png

Dont know what is included in the $15 per month fee .

What do you think about the new pricing .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This was covered last month:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/flippa-changes-pricing-again.1138524/

This change is obviously because their last pricing change 6 months ago didn't work. Pretty much anything they do is not going to make it any better for them unless they go back to the $9 domain name listing fee (and continue to push their extra services ...). But it seems their re-branding to concentrate on websites over domain names already has them too far down that road.

•••
In another Flippa thread, I have heard bad things about their operation as a whole. I'm new to the domain world and only yesterday put up 2 names on Flippa. The thing is, I went to add a third that I do in fact own and have in a registrar, but I cam got realise it is already up!! I am waiting to hear back from Flippa, but I hope it's just that the previous seller forgot to remove the listing.

•••
In case anyone didn't know, their Escrow service supposedly doesn't have money transmitter licenses in nearly all states in the U.S.
Their Escrow provider Assembly Payments/ Promise Pay (who is also a Flippa board member) only got one in Texas after they were reported and fined 23k in 2017.
Yet they want everyone (buyers too) to verify themselves with selfies taken next to official ids. Cray cray.

•••
I stopped using Flippa for buying or selling domains years ago. They made just browsing through domains for sale and the overall usability of their site horrible.

•••
How can I cancel my account there?

•••
they want everyone (buyers too) to verify themselves with selfies taken next to official ids. Cray cray.

Will never do that, anywhere, not just Flippa.

•••
How can I cancel my account there?

In the lower left hand corner of your Flippa dashboard you should see "close my account."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back