Domain Empire

First Convicted Spammer Gets 9 Years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
will this stop spammers
no way

•••
I have just noticed there is already a thread on this.

•••
9 *years* for spamming?

Well!

I am waiting for the Saturday Night Live spoof:

[Scene] A holding cell containing 2 hard-core rough-looking characters and 1 just-past-his-teens-terrified-out-of-his-mind pathethic-looking geek.

Rough-Looking Character #1 (hereafter referred to as RLC#1) to RLC#2:
"Hey, Rafael! What you in for, and how long you got?"

RLC #2 to RLC #1:
"I'm in for Robbery/Homicide - my lawyer got me 3 years with time off for good behavior - I get out next month. How about you, Hombre?"

RLC #1:
"me? Ah, 5 years for aggravated rape - 5 years cause it's my 2nd offense. But MY lawyer says I'm outta here first thing next year, though!"

[Both characters - RLC #1 & #2 - suddenly realize that there's somebody else in the cell and turn towards terrified-looking geek]
RlC #2:
"Hey! You! Kid! - What kinda time did you get?"

Terrified-Looking-Geek (starting to shake a little):
"Nuh - Nuh - Nuh, NINE YEARS!"

[RLC #s 1 & 2 gasp in horror and start backing slowly away ...]

RLC #1:
"What the hell did you DO, kid, to get that kinda time?"

Terrified-Looking-Geek (trembling violently now):
"I, I. I was convicted of SPAMING! Oh God, i'm sorry, i'm sorry!" [kid breaks down crying].

[RLC #1 & RLC #2 look at each other, eyes wide]
RLC #1: "Well, it couldda been worse - you couldda been convicted as a COPYRIGHT VIOLATOR - they really throw the book atcha for that!"

Terrified-Looking-geek (trembling even more violently - if that's possible)
"Oh NO! that's my NEXT trial"

RLC #2:
"Oh Man! You probably lookin' at LIFE!"

[RLC #1 & RLC#2 slowly shake their heads, look pityingly one last time at the geek, and go sit down at the far other end of the cell from the geek.]

[End Scene]

Maybe I can sell the script? Anyone? :sold: :hehe:

One lingering question though? - Does one get longer jail time for DOWNLOADING MUSIC or for VIOLATING COPYRIGHTS? <sigh>

•••
Spammer are getting better and better everyday
and no sign of new technology :imho:

•••
•••
slot of scammer hard to catch :o

•••
It's about time they showed some authority against spammers, 9 years seems excessive but hopefully this will open the flood gates for more prosicution against these scum of the net..

•••
page doesnt work any more.

sounds funny tho =]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back