IT.COM

discuss .fi Thread (and showcase)

NameSilo
Watch

MackieMesser

Top Member
Impact
Time for a small niche thread - .fi domains (Finland).

With ~ 5.5 Million inhabitants Finland and .fi domains are a rather small market.

[And when you live there you get on top of that a long, cold and dark winter and expensive beer which mostly tastes bad.]

Anybody has .fi domains? You can now register them without a permanent residence in Finland, as discussed in this thread. I noticed that at least one other member of this forum is based in Finland.

I have myself only three in .fi:

• viiniravintola (= wine restaurant)
  • ree
  • wet

On top of that some Finland and MR related .coms and "suomi" in .sexy which means Finland in Finnish.

When/if I have the time I might develop some of these.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
printers .fi is still available

•••
•••
.fi is also Finance or Financial

•••
There's so much potential for someone to buy and develop wi.fi.

•••
Is .fi treated as a generic domain with search engines?

•••
•••
.fi = Finland

wi.fi is pretty cool :)

•••
Maybe it's the best thread to ask.
I registered suomi.online new GTLD.
Suomi means Finland in Finnish. Any Finnish people here to give me their thoughts whether this domain has future?

•••
Maybe it's the best thread to ask.
I registered suomi.online new GTLD.
Suomi means Finland in Finnish. Any Finnish people here to give me their thoughts whether this domain has future?
Bumping this thread. I own the same domain name but with .club TLD. Did you manage to sell yours, and if you did, for what type of buyer and for what price?

•••
Finland is a country of roughly 5.5 Million inhabitants, so the market is relatively small. I can't say if any of your suomi domains has a future.

•••
Finland is a country of roughly 5.5 Million inhabitants, so the market is relatively small. I can't say if any of your suomi domains has a future.
I'm Finnish myself, and this was actually my first domain I acquired. I might go outbound and try to sell it to Finnish clubs. I don't mind if I don't make a profit, if I only break even, that's a win.

•••
Is there any auction site to list .fi domains?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back