Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vardyb

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
Not sure how much this could go for, any ideas?
Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"expresso" is what people call it when I order a latte at mcdonalds haha. I find that places that call it espresso tend to have better coffee and I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to coffee anyways, and I recognize how unappealing that is... But I digress.

Espresso.co would be pretty cool to own, tho. Express.co would be a good one, too.

With the $25 renewals, this one is a bit trickier imo. You can find really cool 1 word .co names at $100-$200 wholesale/reseller pricing, with end-users happy to cough up 1k or so.

Any sales on namebio in .com for "expresso" that weren't like "ExpressOrders" etc, are for like $100-$200, like TechExpresso and DigitalExpresso.

Estibot gives it a fair market value of $1200.

GoDaddy gives it an estimated value of $3233.

BUT... the legendary tool Brinso only gives it a score of 50%, so that's going to be a no from me, dawg.

I would buy this on a $2 .co sale, but I wouldn't renew it if it didn't sell in the first year. Just my 0.02, tho. I've sold plenty of .co's that I hadn't planned on renewing in the past.

Coffee's a popular niche tho, and there ARE brands using this as their name or as part of their name, there's an expresso hyphen app dot org, for example, and this name would be an upgrade for them imo.

I might be bias here because I roll my eyes when people call it expresso, but that's my own cross to bare. A lot of the search results are about "is it expresso or espresso?!" so that seems to be what most of the interest is in this phrase.

Plus, it could also be a brand outside of the drink, just express + o. It's not bad with the .co extension, words that end in o usually sound cool in .co.

•••
^ Everything that @Peak.Domains said.

This is not a .CO I'd buy. But interestingly, there do seem to be at least a handful of companies that are either using that spelling, or have products under that name. It appears to be a registered mark for a cloud-based platform for a company in FL (that's based on their website, not a trademark search), and a company that does exhibits for tradeshows.

The issue is, the term isn't that common, and most of those companies already operating on established .coms. It isn't completely without value, but it's a bit of a gamble in .CO. (As is the TM issue).

•••
Peak & NLP, Thanks for these insights!
It all makes sense but had not looked at it that way.
Hard to stay objective when you get attached to a domain

Guess I'll sit on it for a year and hope for the best :)

'I would buy this on a $2 .co sale'
This was so badass I loved it

Thanks again for your effort and honesty

•••
Yeah, my point was basically that I don't think its a horrible domain by any stretch, but .co is just so tricky with the renewals. It's probably worth reaching out to some of the companies who have 'expresso' in their name or product name, that have something other than a .com. I believe expresso dot co could be an upgrade over express-app.net, expressobrand.org, etc. I've had good results with BIN prices on .co names, so maybe setting up a reasonable bin and doing some outreach could get the job done. Getting it in afternic and sedo, too.

Best of luck, please let me know if you end up getting a sale here, I'm curious. Cheers!

•••
I'll reach out to a few companies upcoming Monday. Probably my best bet. Will keep you updated!

•••
Nice domain,
$500.00 is my appraisal.
Here's why: some end users do not know the value of .com, so when they see .co they sometimes believe it is better then .com,
List it on goddady or afternic and hope for the best.

•••
Haha just checked Brinso for 'vpn' and it shows a score of 50..

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back