IT.COM

Expirefish

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Do expirefish work. Has anyone ever caught a domain through it..

I have a stupid one domain account on it(Through Registerfly) >:(

Let me know what r the dangers of using expirefish..

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've never heard anyone catch anything of value thru expirefish. Maybe for domains with no dropcatching competition, it would be worth it to just drop into expirefish and wait for the reg. Then again you'd probably be better off doing it yourself.

•••
•••
I got a few there in the early days, but wouldn't waste my time now except as a last ditch effort if I already had it i all other services. The ones I got were back when snapnames was the only other way to get them and was too expensive for names I wanted. Then along came Namewinner, Pool, Club Drop, Dropwizard,Domaincatcher,...

•••
•••
I got a few good domains using Expirefish last year, but then this year it didn't seem to get anything, or even bother to update the status of domains it was watching.

I sent them an email asking what was going on.

I never heard back. I cancelled the account.

•••
yeah I hear they're on the outs, due to having lost so many registrar deals to pool and namewinner. At the risk of repeating myself (and breaking any rools? moderators, please lemme know?), I'd have to say the best these days are 1) namewinner 2) enom 3) pool 4) everyone else...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back