Dynadot

ExpiredDomain.net - Is using the "star" save feature a bad idea??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Hi

I don't use the save feature on Expired Domains .net - Am I being paranoid?

Can/Are people using software on it to check on peoples saved searches?

Do you use this feature? If so, noticed anything suspicious? Or is it OK to use it?

EDIT:

Just realised I have posted this in the wrong place: @Mod Team Echo sorry about that can it be moved to the right place.....

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Do you really think domains gain value based on the opinion of random people that decide to star them?
No - but if a domain has no bids and I then save the search to go back to it near the end of the auction would this trigger a response from a bot to keep an eye on it or bid on it?

Similar to what huge domains does when it comes to actual bids......

•••
I never used the star when using ED, years ago.

@NickB , you are not paranoid, or a lot of us are. (so then it's not an illness but a common trait)

Last edited:
•••
Thanks to you both - Good to know I'm not the only one :xf.smile:

This is a duplicate thread and can be closed then @Mod Team Echo
The referenced thread is discussing all backorder sites/services and this thread is discussing one. The topics are different enough to stand on their own. However, since this thread is focused on a single company/service, it has been moved to reviews.

•••
Do you really think domains gain value based on the opinion of random people that decide to star them?

Last edited:
•••
Thanks to you both - Good to know I'm not the only one :xf.smile:

This is a duplicate thread and can be closed then @Mod Team Echo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back