Status
Not open for further replies.

ChanakyaSahu

Established Member
Impact
I dropped the domain

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You'd be lucky to get anything for these IMO

•••
•••
Why do you think that?
Its more a case of why did you register them, and why do you think they have value? Then I can offer a rebuttal to that

•••
Its more a case of why did you register them, and why do you think they have value? Then I can offer a rebuttal to that
So, let me tell you why do I think they are valuable domains IMO :-

• Sweatandblood.org => Can be used to create a fitness site or sports blog.
  • Acely.org => Ace means #1 or the best in the area/work/field. It can be used by anyone who have to confidence that they are the #1/best in their field.
  • Entrepreneurmindset.club => Can be used to create a blog/forum for like-minded Entrepreneurs hence .club gTld.
  • BarAiGPT => Bard AI is Google’s upcoming AI chatbot based on the GPT3 language model.
I think, these reasons are quite reasonable.

•••
So, let me tell you why do I think they are valuable domains IMO :-

• Acely.org => Ace means #1 or the best in the area/work/field. It can be used by anyone who have to confidence that they are the #1/best in their field.
  • Entrepreneurmindset.club => Can be used to create a blog/forum for like-minded Entrepreneurs hence .club gTld.
  • BarAiGPT => Bard AI is Google’s upcoming AI chatbot based on the GPT3 language model.
I think, these reasons are quite reasonable.
I respect your reasons
Three worded domain in ORG, often weak. Plus, is blood necessary or appealing for a fitness / sports brand? Unconvinced
COM would be acceptable, not so much ORG
As an extension, CLUB sucks
Trademark problems. Don't ever base a domain on another companies stuff. Instant liability

Last edited:
•••
I respect your reasons
Three worded domain in ORG, often weak. Plus, is blood necessary or appealing for a fitness / sports brand? Unconvinced
Trademark problems. Don't ever base a domain on another companies stuff. Instant liability
You got a point for BardAiGPT. But for the others? No.

• .org is used by businesses too (ex:- ghost.org)
  • Sweatandblood is a phrase for making extraordinary effort on work/something
  • .club are used by big companies like cred.club (an Indian company).
I respect your views bro.

Last edited:
•••

The point is there are much better names out there for what you are trying to accomplish. Better to try and think of the consumer rather than be attached to your own likes and dislikes.

•••

We all learn from disagreements. Of course ORG is used by businesses. However, the ORG you mentioned in that example is an entirely different league, to the ones here. Regarding CLUB, if you had a nicely fitted one worder in CLUB, I'd have a little more optimism, again than the one in question. Exceptions will always exist (the odd company using such and such extension to present their brand), but basing your own domains on these exceptions, isn't considered sound domain investing. Good luck anyway

Last edited:
•••
We all learn from disagreements. Of course ORG is used by businesses. However, the ORG you mentioned in that example is an entirely different league, to the ones here. Regarding CLUB, if you had a nicely fitted one worder in CLUB, I'd have a little more optimism, again than the one in question. Exceptions will always exist (the odd company using such and such extension to present their brand), but basing your own domains on these exceptions, isn't considered sound domain investing. Good luck anyway
Got it. I am still learning. And, I think I am all good now.

Thanks for your suggestions btw.

•••
@ChanakyaSahu

Alternatives to .com, like .net and .org, are universally less valuable and have a more limited scope.

.net works for for technical terms like webmaster.net or sysadmin.net, but they're still not as valuable as webmaster.com or sysadmin.com.

.org works similarly for charities and non-profit organisations.

In general you don't want to start a business with a .net or .org, but it's sometimes done when a company is strapped for cash because .net and .org are fairly well-regulated in terms of pricing. Which brings us to the problem of the ngTLD like .club. People avoid these extensions like the plague, it has a premium registry with domains with higher renewal fees, and even the base renewal fee is high and volatile (you don't know how much it will be in 5 years).

To your particular registrations:
  • BardAIGPT.com is infringes on trademark and is therefore worthless.
  • Acely.org is fine, but the .org and its dissociation from non-profit businesses will make it a difficult sell. But I could definitely see this being picked up for the registration fee.
  • SweatAndBlood.org is a bit long in combination with being a .org and being a fairly limited niche. I don't think it would work too well for a general fitness brand as you suggest, but maybe for martial arts? Either way, I see no real value in this.
  • Entrepreneurmindset.club is too long, and it's a .club. Try sticking to 15 characters or fewer (preferably 10 characters of fewer) also, avoid the .club.

•••
@ChanakyaSahu

Alternatives to .com, like .net and .org, are universally less valuable and have a more limited scope.

.net works for for technical terms like webmaster.net or sysadmin.net, but they're still not as valuable as webmaster.com or sysadmin.com.

.org works similarly for charities and non-profit organisations.

In general you don't want to start a business with a .net or .org, but it's sometimes done when a company is strapped for cash because .net and .org are fairly well-regulated in terms of pricing. Which brings us to the problem of the ngTLD like .club. People avoid these extensions like the plague, it has a premium registry with domains with higher renewal fees, and even the base renewal fee is high and volatile (you don't know how much it will be in 5 years).

To your particular registrations:
  • BardAIGPT.com is infringes on trademark and is therefore worthless.
  • Acely.org is fine, but the .org and its dissociation from non-profit businesses will make it a difficult sell. But I could definitely see this being picked up for the registration fee.
  • SweatAndBlood.org is a bit long in combination with being a .org and being a fairly limited niche. I don't think it would work too well for a general fitness brand as you suggest, but maybe for martial arts? Either way, I see no real value in this.
  • Entrepreneurmindset.club is too long, and it's a .club. Try sticking to 15 characters or fewer (preferably 10 characters of fewer) also, avoid the .club.
Thank for this detailed explanation. Appreciate your kindness.

•••
I respect your reasons
Agree

Especially registering BardAIGPT.com can be easily judged as a bad faith registration to target Google Bard. No brand brave enough to buy this domain and make a problem to Google...

The others are hard to sell, but still can be tried to be sold, if some one eager to pay XX$ to low XXX$, give it to them. But if it is not sold, better not to renew them..

Be careful with BardAIGPT.com because it is obviously trademark problem with Google... Don't park it because you can't control the ads displayed by parking service. Wrong ads can make you go to court for Trademark Infringement or even fined for damages..

Cheers

Last edited:
•••
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Agree

Especially registering BardAIGPT.com can be easily judged as a bad faith registration to target Google Bard. No brand brave enough to buy this domain and make a problem to Google...

The others are hard to sell, but still can be tried to be sold, if some one eager to pay XX$ to low XXX$, give it to them. But if it is not sold, better not to renew them..

Be careful with BardAIGPT.com because it is obviously trademark problem with Google... Don't park it because you can't control the ads displayed by parking service. Wrong ads can make you go to court for Trademark Infringement or even fined for damages..

Cheers
Thanks. I will let BardAiGPT expire. And try to sell others in wholesale price and do a fresh start after gaining more knowledge about domaining. I feel so stupid now.

Last edited:
•••
Domain appraisals are typically conducted by domain experts or professionals who have experience in the domain industry and have access to various tools and data sources that can help them determine the value of a domain name.

That being said, if you're interested in selling your domains, you can research the market value of similar domains, consider the demand for the domain names, and consult with a domain broker or marketplace to determine the best price to sell them.
Hello guys, can you appraise the following domains of mine:-

1. BardAiGPT.com
  2. Acely.org
  3. SweatandBlood.org
  4. Entrepreneurmindset.club
Thanks

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back