Domain Empire

question Expired Domain purchase - Yet shows renewed at Whois?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
If a buy it now auction exists on godaddy and you win it yet the whois shows it was renewed before you ended the auction with buy it now, does this mean you won't get it after all? And how long does it take to usually get a godaddy auction in your account after winning? Mine shows under status a date about 5-6 days from now but no confrimation of anything.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
if whois shows it was renewed by previous ownr then it is true that you will not get it.

•••
Whois.com shows 2018 renewal, icann whois.com shows last time expired when it dropped. I called godaddy and he claims I should get the domain and not to go by www.whois.com's and rather go by icann.

?

Last edited:
•••
I have no idea about your stiaution or domain, I just say that if it is renewed by owner, then you will not get it. it would be up to you to determine whether it was renewed by owner or not.

cheers

•••
Hmm...I won't know until the 12th or 13th....I really want this one and hope I get it but not getting my hopes up.

•••
I think all the expiring domains at GoDaddy auctions show an expiration date of next year. It did for the 11 expiring domains I checked in my watch list at GoDaddy auctions. I wouldn't worry about it unless you check WHOIS and it shows the Updated Date has in fact been updated since you purchased the domain and is showing the expiration as 2018.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back