IT.COM

Expired Domain From Popular Brand In Existence

NameSilo
Watch

LH1

Top Member
Impact
Has anyone ever acquired a name for its search volume thats otherwise unfamiliar to them only to discover the brand belongs to an exsiting popular company? Any idea how to determine if it was accidentally dropped or intentional? I see other extensions of same brand being sold on GoDaddy and Dan as well but thats hardly confirmation theres no issue.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think there's any way to tell for sure if it was accidentally dropped or intentional. Though, if it was an active website with regular updates, it was probably intentional. It's hard not to notice when you go to your website and it's no longer there.

Is the brand trademarked? Is it a dictionary word or a 'made up' name?

•••
Trademarked in France but not in US

•••
TBH, never heard of this company until after looking into it. Leboncoin.

•••
TBH, never heard of this company until after looking into it. Leboncoin.

It looks like they own the .com and it forwards to their .fr domain. Neither of these names have dropped recently. Did you register another extension? A typo?

•••
•••
I checked a few times because the 31K appraisal value was a surprise to see was what prompted me to take several looks

•••
If only one company uses a term it's probably best to stay away from it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back