Dynadot

ExperiedDomains.net watchlist question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandHatched

Established Member
Impact
Hi, On ExpiredDomains.net can you add a column to your watchlist that shows the actual date the domain becomes available to register?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
End Date (is a default column)

•••
Ok, I see it now thanks. I wasn't filtering my watchlist to only show pending delete domains, therefore the end date column wasn't appearing. (I think)

•••
I just looked at ExpiredDomains.net a few days ago. I was impressed with their coverage but trying to find a deleted domain was tough going. There were many domains marked as deleted which had been repurchased again at a later date. I think they should do a better job at weeding out expired domains which have been picked up again. I can't really blame them too much. It's a tough job keeping everything up to date.

•••
In the main search filter you can click "show only available domains"

It's a brilliant resource and for free. Thanks to the owner. Make sure to purchase a domain you find via experieddomains link

•••
Screenshot_2024-04-25-16-11-32-075_com.android.chrome.jpg

•••
I'm pretty sure I found renewed domains in those lists.

•••
I don't think its supposed to be a 100% accurate system, the owners state this.

•••
I know. But I wasted about 4 hours going thru their deleted domains only to find many of the better domains had been renewed. Which could have been a better experience. I feel sorry for the owner. But I did feel sorry for him for not doing a better job on the renewed domains in particular. But I am not knocking the website. A stellar job. Yep he sure did say it's not 100% up to date. It's true. But I'm just warning I thought the expired domains needed some attention. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
But I wasted about 4 hours going thru their deleted domains only to find many of the better domains had been renewed.
On the recently deleted domains list there must be a lot of people watching and catching up domains on a minute basis. So if you take 4 hours going thru their deleted domains, you will gonna find some of them already registered.
And you cannot expect a free resource like expireddomains.net, even being extremely useful to all domainers, to keep an eye and update their deleted list on a minute basis.

•••
I'm open for suggestions. There are over 560M deleted domains in my database that need to be checked constantly.

•••
I'm open for suggestions. There are over 560M deleted domains in my database that need to be checked constantly.
Just keep up the good work! (y) And thanks for your awesome site, it's really useful for all domainers! (y)

•••
Another Watchlist question, don't think it's the same. A suggestion I made 8 years ago:

"Just 1 suggestion for the Watchlist. It has the date when you add a domain but not when it ends. So right now I mainly watch Snapnames and Namejet and have to go to those saved searches and check off watchlist so I can sort by date they end/have to get a bid in. If that was possible for the main Watchlist, so I can see everything I'm watching on one page, where I can sort by end date. Thanks."

•••
It is not possible. You can use the "only Watchlist" filter in the list you want the end date for.

A watchlist domain can be in multiple different lists at the same time. Automatically picking "the right" end date to show is a mess. Easiest example is a domain on multiple marketplaces with different end dates. Add expired/deleted domains to the mix and it gets even more complicated.

•••
/\ I can find comments/improvements to make on every tool/site out there. But the bottom line: your site is amazing. Best I've seen at what it does. Great work!

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back