Dynadot

domain ExoticTraveler.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iMan

Established Member
Impact
I could use some feedback on appraisal for ExoticTraveler.com. I appreciate any help. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Sounds like a potential cable TV show.
So if you luck out and get someone with a travel related project looking for a cool name, maybe low to mid xxxx
If not, low to mid xxx
Nice name but without development and income not worth much but a potential end user might like it for a TV project.
I'd list on sedo with make offer and you should get some interest, it's a decent traveler name IMO
GOOD LUCK

•••
A few hundred, but this is the type of name where you have a reasonable chance to get lucky and get a few thousand. It really doesn't command a huge price, but it is pretty good and worth a few hundred. Edit.... Seeing that there is a legit site at the plural, I would not sell it below 1K, as the name is worth money to ExoticTravelers.com, whether they realize it now or not. Come to think of it, even if they don't want it now, it is the type of name they will eventually want. A competitor could also take some business from them, as it it a generic name. This is the type of name that you sit on until you get lucky. It will not lose value.

In my mind this name is worth many thousands to the plural, but I have seen way too many cases where companies don't want names that could benefit them. However, if this name gets any type of traffic whatsoever that is intended for ExoticTravelers.com, then you have some real leverage, and I would go about selling it to them in a real professional way. Call up someone in upper management and let them know they are losing customers due to the confusion. If you do it right you could get five figures. My original low XXX is probably low, now that I have done some quick Google research. I won't put any more time into this, but you have a good name, and there are options out there even if the plural doesn't want it. If the site at the plural is a big business (looks like it might be), then I would sit on it forever until I got multi-thousands, even if they decline to buy it now. And I would feel a bit cheated if I only got a few K from the plural. Make them pay.

Last edited:
•••
I like it, estibot says $340 but clearly, the name is worth at least $1,000 as is.
In Australia, Trivago.com TV commercials are broadcast at least five times per day on most commercial stations. The campaign is clever and features short stories regarding hypothetical guests in various Motels in Exotic situations.

Trivago is the benchmark regarding Vacation reviews and comparison prices for rooms and services.

Keep in mind the Database required to bring a Startup to Trivago's level of detail is intense.

I'm trying to lease or sell a similar concept, iStayedThere.com, remember the 'I Wrote This' mini-add at the end of a lot of 1980's TV Shows, and the animated hand ripped the sheet of paper from the typewriter, classic tagline.

Good luck, it is a totally feasible domain for tourism.

Regards.matt

Last edited:
•••
Good luck, it is a totally feasible domain for tourism.
Regards.matt

What do all these brands have in common?
Trivago
eBay
Google
Twitter
Bing
Yahoo
Macy's
Sears
Texaco
Trump

1 WORD

The name breaks all the rules for a major brand, it's 2 common words and 4 syllables, so all it can be is a niche site attached to something but it cannot become a hub for travel.

Now you can take two 1 syllable short words and put them together in a way that means NOTHING before you use it and bingo you have a brand.

Face and Book bingo facebook
Snap and chat bingo snapchat

You can't brand a common phrase already in use since you can't trademark a phrase that is already in use, so it's worthless to consider as a potential brand, but it can be a nice little travel niche site for a traveler's diary, book, cable show, etc.

The only time such long syllables and common phrases have big value is if it's in an industry where you have say professionals all paying a lot of money for ppc.

InjuryLawyer.com huge money lot's of injury lawyers making big bucks

Exotic Traveler, no one really makes a living off it, it's a hobby and yeah a tv show maybe or a book or mag, but it's not an industry combo and it has a tiny niche of potential end users, when you have a name like this and don't take the first offer that is maybe lower xxx to middle xxx, you end up never getting another offer.

GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for the input @idomainappraisal & @-Matthew- and @MrNames for your input. I appreciate it. And to answer your ? on traffic it gets enormous amounts of traffic and always has so maybe I convert to ppc for a while and see what's what.

Last edited:
•••
Are you just parking on thatt page or do you OWN that company?
We've bought several domains for clients over the years from that template.
So if you OWN the company with the page congrats, we've done biz in the past.

Define 'enormous traffic'?

No alexa and no development I can't see it doing much more than maybe a few hundred visits a month

Granted with no development any traffic is okay, but no alexa doesn't fit with 'enormous'

Congrats though it's a nice .com and should get you a nice small sum eventually, the plural advice above is solid but if you do it in the wrong way you could lose it as cyber squatting, since the plural is developed and you're not, so any approach needs to be done very carefully.

WIPO considers all attempts to sell similar names to be a no no from the thousands of case rulings I've read over the years.

GOOD LUCK though,

•••
If it gets a few hundred uniques per month from people looking for exotic vacations then the name is worth five figures to someone. That is how the world works. It would be a golf mine of leads. There are certain names that are lead machines. Type in traffic, if it is even 100 per month is golden. In this case they would either be looking for general exotic vacations, or you are getting slippage from the plural. It is a very nice name and though you might not get big offers out of nowhere, if you get some traffic from it, you can develop a plan to approach travel companies and if you did it in the correct way you could easily get five figures.

Names like these do not need to be near domain forums, as they present unique opportunities that require a big picture approach. Some names you can send email inquiries, and others you are better off putting on a suit, so to speak, and getting maximum dollar. That is my final word. Nice name, and my original appraisal of a few hundred is off. I was speaking out loud after I first saw it, but after a three second Google search as I was typing I saw the value. Good luck.

•••
I would say a low/mid $xxx range. Nice name.

•••
If it gets a few hundred uniques per month from people looking for exotic vacations then the name is worth five figures to someone.

The name is on a parked reseller network, so if it's not the owner, it's a person using them to have their on the fly page to show it's for sale.

So not sure if OP is the owner of that site geared to sell names cheap with the contact us button and a few low grade links, but the logs probably are showing 95% if not 99% robot traffic, SE bots and hacker bots, I an see the existing page having legit traffic unless it's somehow popped one of the big SE's for the term.

I doubt people are typing in the term.

So to have 'hundreds' of people a month actually looking up 'exotic travler' when the main term would be 'exotic vacations' or something to warrant anyone even buying such a niche term.

5 figures, no way

•••
I say about low $x,xxx.

Good luck!

•••
Final word to clarify. If there is any significant type in traffic, or spillover traffic from the plural, it is a lot more valuable. If the name only gets a few legit uniques per month, and if they are mainly people who looking for the plural and have been to the plural before (members), then the name is less valuable.

Bottom line is that if I owned the plural I would be looking for the name. Your name becomes more valuable to the plural if you, or someone else starts a legit travel business on the name. When that happens, the plural has a huge problem on its hands. Having just a parked page at this point will not maximize the leverage to the plural. Good luck.

•••
Ok thank you for your input @MrNames and @idomainappraisal. The site was a part of a much larger travel network and had google adsense, a blog and some other travel related content on it but was recently pointed to a broker to test the waters for sale with 200 or more uniques per month. It fit so well into the portfolio but I just couldn't continue to manage all of it. :(

•••
Ok thank you for your input @MrNames and @idomainappraisal. The site was a part of a much larger travel network and had google adsense, a blog and some other travel related content on it but was recently pointed to a broker to test the waters for sale with 200 or more uniques per month. It fit so well into the portfolio but I just couldn't continue to manage all of it. :(

That makes sense residual traffic from old development but the new parking will kill what you once had.

Nothing wrong with that broker, we've bought a lot of names for clients over the years from them, so their top of page contact us works to some degree.

GOOD LUCK

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back