domain Exceptional or Xceptional?

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
While exploring naming opportunities i discover that ExceptionalDomains.com is for sale at GD for $7,499, but Xceptionaldomains.com was available for reg fee? Then I discover that names like Exceptional Names, Exceptional Pools and Exceptional Opportunity are all registered as .com, but not with the "X" spelling?

Regardless, i'd like to get other domainers opinion before I take off on another binge registering dozens of Xceptional Domains.

btw, my food service and restaurant niche/binge is still a thing:xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The correct spelling has (34) reported sales on NameBio.

Your spelling has 0.

That really tells you all you need to know about supply & demand.

Best of luck.

Brad

•••
A better example of this type of branding term is "extreme" vs "xtreme".

Extreme starts (255) reported sales.

Xtreme starts (88) reported sales.

Extreme is more popular, but both have some demand.

"Xceptional" is just not a good branding term, especially with a secondary word added.

Brad

•••
Even before reading the above comment, I also checked on DotDb for the number of tld taken for Exceptional vs Xceptional, and it's 119 vs 35... But regardless, both words are way too long.
Xpert stands a chance, imo, but the other word in this combo should be short and popular.

XceptionalDomains is a horrible name.

Last edited:
•••
I wouldn't have high xpectations about selling any of them.

•••
Even before reading the above comment, I also checked on DotDb for the number of tld taken for Exceptional vs Xceptional, and it's 119 vs 35... But regardless, both words are way too long.
Xpert stands a chance, imo, but the other word in this combo should be short and popular.

XceptionalDomains is a horrible name.
You might want to tell that to; https://www.xceptional.com/

When I hear exceptional I think of something Superior....don't you:xf.rolleyes:

•••
I wouldn't have high xpectations about selling any of them.
What i do know is they won't sell without a little help from a sales pro. Domains like XceptionalPools.com or XceptionalPizza.com will need a little.....maybe a lot of help. Besides, what do people in the "pool business" or the "pizza business" know about the domain business:xf.wink:

•••
You might want to tell that to; https://www.xceptional.com/

When I hear exceptional I think of something Superior....don't you:xf.rolleyes:
If you owned the exact term in .COM, I would say it is a good one to own.

Brands like that really only have value in .COM, as a standalone term.

Let's take a domain I own in .COM like Kosmic. It's a good brand as a standalone .COM.

It would not be a good domain when it comes to that + another word, at least when it comes to resale value.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
If you owned the exact term in .COM, I would say it is a good one to own.

Brands like that really only have value in .COM, as a standalone term.

Let's take a domain I own in .COM like Kosmic. It's a good brand as a standalone .COM.

It would not be a good domain when it comes to that + another word, at least when it comes to resale value.

Brad
i like Kosmic.com, but unlike Exceptional, it isn't even a word? Actually KosmicAir.com isn't too bad.....they're asking $6,500 for CosmicAir.com

I'd name my airline Kosmic Air before Cosmic Air, but that's just me.....what do i know:xf.rolleyes:

•••
i like Kosmic.com, but unlike Exceptional, it isn't even a word? Actually KosmicAir.com isn't too bad.....they're asking $6,500 for CosmicAir.com

I'd name my airline Kosmic Air before Cosmic Air, but that's just me.....what do i know:xf.rolleyes:
Xceptional is not a word either. That is the entire point.

Kosmic is a play on Cosmic. Xceptional is a play on Exceptional.

Those terms are generally only good as standalone terms, but not with words added.

Honestly, exceptional+word isn't even that good.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
There a plenty of actual word+domains available in .com. Just something random like PlutoDomains.com, which is available, would sound a lot better than Xceptional.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back