IT.COM

.eu Tentative Timetable for launch

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Lookz like 2006..

4th Quarter 2005 start phase 1 of sunrise (public bodies and holders of trademarks may apply for the corresponding name)

Start of sunrise + 2 months: Start phase 2 of sunrise period (those eligible to apply in phase 1 plus holders of other rights recognised in the national law of a member state may apply for the corresponding name)

start of sunrise + 4 months Sunrise period closes and registrations open on a first-come-first-served basis.
Validation of names applied for during sunrise continues until task completed

http://www.eurid.org/en/home.php?n=107

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wonder if they will stick to the timetable.
How many times where they saying 'soon'...?
:)

•••
Yes. But it seems like this will be out for sure by March 2006..

•••
Gaaaawd!, I waited so long for this I decided to invest in .COM instead. .EU must take the Guinness Book Of World Records for the slowest expected domain to emerge. I'm not hanging onto my horses for this slowcoach.

•••
slow .eu

They need to translate the .eu rules into maltese, estonian etc. It takes forever. Add to that that the US in draging its feet, and the EU is a bureancratic (toothless) monster... + they want to make sure the domain name will be protected from cybersquatting, foreign/speculative registration... Perhaps in 2012 when Morrocco will be part of the EU :lol:

•••
I agree that they are slow, but... Morocco part of the EU???
I guess when Peru becomes the 55th State, maybe :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back