Dynadot

.EU Any Restrictions For Europeans..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

redz

Account Closed
Impact
Would this have any restrictions for people like me, residents in the US, but citizens in Europe ?? I hope not because i want to get my hands on those domains. They came out already right? im gonna check godaddy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
http://www.eurid.eu/en/faq/general#faq055a07510e1a4d8d02358c9319a8f193

EC Regulation No 733/2002 states that only the following categories of companies, organizations and individuals will be able to register a .eu domain:

1. undertakings having their registered office, central administration or principal place of business within the European Community;

2. organizations established within the European Community without prejudice to the application of national law;

3. natural persons resident within the European Community.

Their site won't allow me to highlight certain portions to copy and paste to
another place, so I actually typed the portion. Good thing I'm a fast typist. :D

•••
That's a shame I guess...

•••
Taylor Hewitt said:
That's a shame I guess...
]

What is? That people from the US can't reg?

Well I have 2 things to say to that:

1. .US

2. At least some will be left over for the rest of us!

:)

•••
Yeah but it's such a cool extension. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but I like a good ol' nothin' but vowels extension.

•••
1. undertakings having their registered office, central administration or principal place of business within the European Community;

This is very important point. Ukraine, where I live, is a European country but it is not EU country. What they mean stating "Community"?

•••
that is bull, im a citizen of Poland which is part of europe, i should have the right to purchase it.

•••
redz said:
that is bull, im a citizen of Poland which is part of europe, i should have the right to purchase it.

If you live in Poland, then you won't have a problem..

•••
One cheap way around it would be to set up a UK company just for the prupose of holding the names. A dormant company.

•••
Poland is part of Europe you know!

•••
Well i have a house in poland, 6 fields and a bank account and a polish pasport and polish green card and i am a citizen for poland. If they give me trouble i will give them proof :).

•••
•••
??did you mean that in a saying type of way?
Because im a guy ;)

•••
It's a saying. I know you're a guy.

•••
k just wanted to make sure ;),

•••
What that site probably means is that only those who are recognized by the
EU Community will be able to register. So you may live in Europe, but it won't
do any good if EU doesn't recognize your country.

•••
great, so i have a chance of getting one without anyone bothering me :)

•••
It is ok for Poland, but maybe not for Ukraine. BTW, what about Jersey, Guernsy, IoM - they are a part of UK but actually not a part of EU.

•••
Poland is fine.
Ukraine is out.
For the rest no need to speculate, just read the rules on
http://www.eurid.eu/

•••
•••
•••
Englad is UK - a EU member

•••
Yes. But it was not on that site.

•••
sdsinc said:
One cheap way around it would be to set up a UK company just for the prupose of holding the names. A dormant company.

That is a good point. It costs just £25 to instantly set up a dormant LTD company over here.

However, the registered office needs to be in the UK...

•••
Wouldn't there be registrars that will provide EU presence so non-EU residents can register .eu extensions as well?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back