IT.COM

Ethics of Selling a Name and Reselling

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tryjake

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Too bad it was so big that it didn't fit in the text box.

•••
•••
And the question is specifically? Otherwise we can just guess from the title. Do you perhaps mean you sold a name, the new owner let it expire, is it ethical to grab it again and resell, or am I totally off?

•••
Carnac.jpg

•••
I have a small and big answer. Pick one.

•••
•••
Too bad it was so big that it didn't fit in the text box.
I’m sorry. I think I lost service or family duty called.

I have a lot of big questions (to me) prob not for y’all. What that was I’ll have to read back a little...

One big one is..... namepros.app doesn’t belong to me. What should I do with it? Apparently Twitter sucks as advertising.

I’m not deleting anything tho. I think it would be cool if it was given to some of yalls kids or whatever (I don’t n is who all is on here) and make a more user friendly experience for folks like me who only use a phone majority of time. There may be reasons the owners of namepros don’t do?

who owns name pros?

•••
And the question is specifically? Otherwise we can just guess from the title. Do you perhaps mean you sold a name, the new owner let it expire, is it ethical to grab it again and resell, or am I totally off?
Sorry but totally off. I’ve o my sold two domains in my life.

•••
@Bob Hawkes Of all the ethical questions I have had I don’t think that would be one unless I were somehow exploiting someone knowingly for lack of knowledge or brain etc

•••
who owns name pros?
I believe that the current ownership (and I don't know who that is) of NamePros is not disclosed, as is their right.

You can readily contact those who administer NamePros, though, through the various contacts at this link:
https://www.namepros.com/support/

Hope that helps.

Bob

(and sorry for mis-guessing what the ethical question might have been, and thanks for the explanation of why your initial post was so short and unclear)

•••
I believe that the current ownership (and I don't know who that is) of NamePros is not disclosed, as is their right.

You can readily contact those who administer NamePros, though, through the various contacts at this link:
https://www.namepros.com/support/

Hope that helps.

Bob

(and sorry for mis-guessing what the ethical question might have been, and thanks for the explanation of why your initial post was so short and unclear)
Well thank you first for your reply always.
I may seem a little opinionated at times and for that i apologize. It’s such a big world and a huge technical world that it amazes me. I think more comes from peace than fighting. More from truth than deception and way more from communicating as opposed to not.

This may seem off topic but my high school football number was #19. Nobody gives a darn about that I know. I could be viewed a privileged Caucasian with a mouth. That’s fine it wouldn’t be the first time.

I picked that number WAY before covid 19. I picked it after football camp at Colorado University where my cousin Doc Kreis was the strength coach. Rashaan Salaam was the running back and he then won the Heisman. I only say that to say this and I may have said it before. We are all people. My pop says we are all sacks of skin with two peep holes.

Rashaan signed several things for me after my football camp. I wouldnt sell them if it was the last thing I had in the world.

I want to dig deeper and make things better someday.

That’s where I stand. My father also says “Check Your Stance” to me often. I think the whole world needs to check theirs. Let’s all be good people and as they say in Jamaica everything will be Aire

Last edited:
•••
Well, Jake, I believe I can confidently speak for many people here in saying that you have certainly left us all with some big questions.

Last edited:
•••
Well thank you first for your reply always.
I may seem a little opinionated at times and for that i apologize. It’s such a big world and a huge technical world that it amazes me. I think more comes from peace than fighting. More from truth than deception and way more from communicating as opposed to not.

This may seem off topic but my high school football number was #19. Nobody gives a darn about that I know. I could be viewed a privileged Caucasian with a mouth. That’s fine it wouldn’t be the first time.

I picked that number WAY before covid 19. I picked it after football camp at Colorado University where my cousin Doc Kreis was the strength coach. Rashaan Salaam was the running back and he then won the Heisman. I only say that to say this and I may have said it before. We are all people. My pop says we are all sacks of skin with two peep holes.

Rashaan signed several things for me after my football camp. I wouldnt sell them if it was the last thing I had in the world.

I want to dig deeper and make things better someday.

That’s where I stand. My father also says “Check Your Stance” to me often. I think the whole world needs to check theirs. Let’s all be good people and as they say in Jamaica everything will be Aire
Are you sure you're not Jake from State Farm:xf.smile: A good friend of mine who played football for Duke has a son who now plays for Michigan State...i thought he was #19 too, but I just checked their roster and he's number 91. As #19 were you the mouth of the offense:xf.wink: QB, RB or WR...just thought I'd ask.

When you get a chance check your Linkedin messages....i have a great domain idea for you that i think you'll like. btw, TryJake.com is taken, but for another domain guy I know Blake xxxxxx, TryBlake.com is available.

Good Luck and Happy New Year!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back