Domain Empire

Estibot? See? Totally a joke.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Hootsifer

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Clicked on 4 random public domain offerings by the same seller and they all have that same high bidder with a bid way above the previous so I'll just assume this is insider shill bidding close to the reserve price.

•••
It may be, but it's an example. Estibot is a joke.

•••
Clicked on 4 random public domain offerings by the same seller and they all have that same high bidder with a bid way above the previous so I'll just assume this is insider shill bidding close to the reserve price.
Bidder called ExtraordinaryDomains.com
Google searches: Volume: 33,100/mo | CPC: $0.02 | Competition

I don't think it is a schill bid unless they own the domain.

FiscalDeficit.JPG

NameWorth says 9,450.

Relatively new service. They say "In-the-ballpark over 95% of the time". Let's see...

Last edited:
•••
Oh look, it's this thread again about estibot or some other domain evaluation tool sucking.

•••
And to think, all this time I've been using Estibot valuations to price my domains.

Thanks!

•••
I don't think it is a schill bid unless they own the domain.

A shill bid is any bid placed with the intent to throw the "natural" bidding process off track in order to increase ending price or to control the auction to reach some other outcome. A shill bidder can be the owner of the item being bid on or friends, family, employees, etc.

•••
A shill bid is any bid placed with the intent to throw the "natural" bidding process off track in order to increase ending price or to control the auction to reach some other outcome. A shill bidder can be the owner of the item being bid on or friends, family, employees, etc.
I know what a shill bid is but I am merely saying why would they do it with their own brand name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back