Domain Empire

Escrow transaction question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have just started a domain transaction through Escrow. I have a question about transfering the domain to the new owner. My domain is registered at GoDaddy. When the buyer sends the money to Escrow do I just transfer the domain to the buyers account at GoDaddy and will the "who is" be changed when the name is transfered or do I have to change the "Who is"?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
patches said:
I have just started a domain transaction through Escrow. I have a question about transfering the domain to the new owner. My domain is registered at GoDaddy. When the buyer sends the money to Escrow do I just transfer the domain to the buyers account at GoDaddy and will the "who is" be changed when the name is transfered or do I have to change the "Who is"?

It will depend on whether or not the new owner will want you to “push” the domain to their Godaddy account, if they have one.

•••
Yes it can be pushed to buyer's account at GoDaddy. I remember reading this on namepros:"As a seller, it stays under my control (my registrar/reseller account, but their WHOIS) until they've completed all the Escrow.com steps." Is it up to me to change the "Who Is" info. or does the buyer or GoDaddy take care of that when the name is pushed to buyer's account. This is my first sale and I want to do everything right. Thanks a bunch for your help!!

•••
patches said:
Yes it can be pushed to buyer's account at GoDaddy. I remember reading this on namepros:"As a seller, it stays under my control (my registrar/reseller account, but their WHOIS) until they've completed all the Escrow.com steps." Is it up to me to change the "Who Is" info. or does the buyer or GoDaddy take care of that when the name is pushed to buyer's account. This is my first sale and I want to do everything right. Thanks a bunch for your help!!
Ask the new owner for their contact info; you will need this information in order to complete the push.

•••
I have all of his information. Name,Address, E-mail etc. The thing I don't understand is who changes the "who is" info. And how could it be listed under the buyer's name in the "Who is" and at the same time remain under my control at my registrar until they complete all the escrow steps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back