IT.COM

Escrow services for domain brokers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

fitkhan

Established Member
Impact
Hi,
Just want to know which domain escrow services (Other than Escrow.com) allow us to start a domain transaction as a "Domain Broker".
As far as i know sedo, epik only supports a domain transaction that is either initiated by the buyer or the seller. They don't have any option for a broker to start a domain transaction as "Domain name broker" with them.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Epik support might be able to help you to do it, ask them

•••
Epik support might be able to help you to do it, ask them
Thanks. I contacted Epik customer support and they told me they can arrange it.. Great news for me.

•••
Yes, we work with Domain Brokers routinely.

I asked @Ala Dadan to update the Escrow form here to include the Broker's email address:

https://www.epik.com/services/escrow/?ln=en

There are cases where a Broker initiates a transaction and where the Broker is doing domain arbitrage. The buyer gets a price. The seller gets a price. The broker banks the spread. This is possible to do because of the mechanics of how we manage a transaction. If we are working on behalf of a broker, we are buying the domain from the seller and selling the domain to the buyer. In this case, the broker negotiates the terms and we implement those terms with broker, buyer and seller all subject to Epik Terms of Service.

In other words, specifically for brokers this is a game-changer because it becomes possible to manage a risk-free transaction even for very high value domain names. I believe in particular for people in emerging markets, this can be very interesting because you can play in the major leagues buying and selling premium domains without actually needing to take risk. You just need to negotiate exclusive rights long enough to secure the buyer. Sometimes Epik will even finance the transaction.

How is that for a Pro-Tip for brokers?

•••
Yes, we work with Domain Brokers routinely.

I asked @Ala Dadan to update the Escrow form here to include the Broker's email address:

https://www.epik.com/services/escrow/?ln=en

There are cases where a Broker initiates a transaction and where the Broker is doing domain arbitrage. The buyer gets a price. The seller gets a price. The broker banks the spread. This is possible to do because of the mechanics of how we manage a transaction. If we are working on behalf of a broker, we are buying the domain from the seller and selling the domain to the buyer. In this case, the broker negotiates the terms and we implement those terms with broker, buyer and seller all subject to Epik Terms of Service.

In other words, specifically for brokers this is a game-changer because it becomes possible to manage a risk-free transaction even for very high value domain names. I believe in particular for people in emerging markets, this can be very interesting because you can play in the major leagues buying and selling premium domains without actually needing to take risk. You just need to negotiate exclusive rights long enough to secure the buyer. Sometimes Epik will even finance the transaction.

How is that for a Pro-Tip for brokers?
Thanks for your post. Inclusion of broker email address on your escrow page will be great.
The reason of my post was to find a place where they can secure my brokerage fee as well (agreed with buyer or seller ofcourse). You explained the whole process in detail and answered all my questions. Thanks so much.
I might broker a 5 figure deal very soon and will use Epik escrow for the first time. Thanks again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back