Dynadot

Escrow Plugin is required?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Escrow plugin is required

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    83.3%
  • No

votes
    16.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

ramkumaritrvs

Happiest man in the worldTop Member
Impact
Hello Np'ers,

Number of individual marketplaces / website / portfolio's increased. 70% of them using wordpress.

Escrow plugin is required for them to automated escrow process? (like efty.com / bodis.com [escrow buynow form etc.,])

Currently owners get buyer email id and start the transaction in escrow.com / dn.com to complete it. Very few implemented paypal checkout.

Why there is no demand for escrow plugins?

Please share your thoughts and ideas. so Escrow company will implement their plugins for wordpress / opencart etc.,

I'm looking for an automated escrow solution for my portfolio website like many others.

Please Vote & share your thoughts !!!

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm too looking for answer, thanks for starting the thread.

•••
I think it's a complicated process to automate an Escrow plugin.

•••
I think it's a complicated process to automate an Escrow plugin.

I don't think so. API can handle the automated process. We need plugin to handle API.

Atleast set BIN price via woocommerce plugin to initiate the transaction is enough for now

Already few marketplaces in live like bodis and efty but those are custom made not related with wordpress / opencart or any.

•••
OK. Let's see if one appears anytime soon. But I think what we need more badly is some domain portfolio for sale themes. Of which I cannot find any.

•••
domain portfolio for sale themes

You may try scriptinglab(.) com for portfolio names. (I am not affiliate with them in any manner- just pointing out)

•••
I'm sorry. But that doesn't look like any kind of theme I'd want on my portfolio. It looks about 10+ years old. And doesn't function even on it's own website. If that's the only portfolio theme for domains on WordPress. We are in a very sorry state. Also, the fact there are no portfolio themes, limits quite a lot, the requirements for an Escrow Plugin. Although I appreciate some people would like a plugin for their non-published themes. However the lack of themes, severely limits the chances a plugin will be developed. Just IMHO.

PS: I am not an expert with WordPress Themes and Plugins. There maybe Domain Portfolio Plugins instead of Themes. Any suggestions for Plugins are also welcome.

Last edited:
•••
Not ideal, but you can bulk create Escrow.com BIN buttons then paste them into your responsive theme or html pages. You can also create "nested" buttons which include multiple domains if you're selling a portfolio.

•••
Our API could definitely handle a simple WP plugin - let me take a look at this in the coming weeks and come back with what I find.

•••
•••
Hello

The API could possibly absolutely handle a simple WP plugin - ok, i'll check out that inside the coming months along with keep coming back in doing what When i uncover. When i do not think so. API are designed for the actual robotic method. We need plugin to deal with API.

•••
bulk create Escrow.com BIN buttons then paste them into your responsive them

Currently using this method.

Still it's difficult to adjust the prices in bulk (during promos).

•••
I just made a plugin for Wordpress that lets you manage your domains and I am pretty familiar with making Wordpress plugins. I'm a programmer and for fun I've started making domain tools in my free time :) I also know a lot about Woocommerce as well!

I don't really understand too much about Escrow.com or domaining as I'm kinda new to that part of things. I've never used Escrow.com before (sorry guys) but I do know they're popular. Would you link me to your site and similar sites that are doing what you're doing and where the buttons go and stuff? I'm curious what people are looking for Wordpress domain plugins. I thought of doing something similar as I was making Domain Check, too, so its good to see other people are thinking the same thing.

I stumbled across this thread from your signature in the Free Domains thread :) This is my first day in the forum! This is my first post! Here are the URLs if you want to look at my plugin/domain stuff:

http://domaincheckplugin.com
https://wordpress.org/plugins/domain-check/

•••
@Domain Check , Welcome to Namepros - Domainer Community :)

As i mentioned, most of people using woocommerce to list their domain.

We need anyone of the below:
1) If we get escrow.com payment gateway plugin that would be great like paypal / stripe / bitcoin gateway plugins

2) Once we create BIN at escrow.com, then it should update in woo-commerce BIN button. It is possible only via escrow.com API.

In order to know about the process of escrow.com, create a free account. PM'ed about more details.

•••
There aren't any ready-made plugins that automate Escrow. I have it setup on my landing page platform and can say, without a doubt, that it's a pain in the ass.

•••
you can bulk create Escrow.com BIN buttons then paste them into your responsive theme or html pages.

This seems to be the best option right now. It works pretty well and includes the domain name. When someone clicks it goes right to Escrow/com and starts a transaction.

This works fine if you have a few domains to sell. You can generate a bunch of buttons, but then you have to paste the code for each individually.

I prefer to accept offers through a landing page and just start a transaction myself at Escrow/com and email the buyer the info.

•••
I just did some searching but couldn't find any woocommerce Escrow.com plugins out there, darn. Would love to see one of these. In the meantime I guess the best method is still creating the buttons?

•••
Our API could definitely handle a simple WP plugin - let me take a look at this in the coming weeks and come back with what I find.
seems a bit of a long wait if it's simple. Show some initiative.

•••
Yep. 2 years after the first post in this thread and there still no plugin. Perhaps you could ask Payoneer. They seem much more in touch with actually growing their business. Unlike Escrow.com

•••
@Brandon Abbey may be help or forward this request to their developers.

Tips to dev's:

Creating "Custom woocommerce button" named as "BIN price" along with number input (to set a price at backend) then using api, get the domain name and custom bin button values to create a escrow transaction.

•••
Payoneer API is much more fully-fledged than Escrow.com. Escrow still needs interaction within their site, while Payoneer uses modal windows on your site where needed, but for the most part API hooks.

My guess is it will be far easier to do this with Payoneers current API than with Escrow.com's.

•••
@FPForum @internext @stub @ramkumaritrvs @Brandworthy

Thanks for bumping this thread, I'm glad this is getting revisited as there has been a lot of movement on this recently :)

TL/DR: I didn't make it.

During the year since my last reply I stabilized my Domain Check Wordpress plugin and began exploring features that were suggested to me during development, including this particular Escrow.com API integration. The requested feature was @ramkumaritrvs with better/automated Escrow.com BIN buttons. I focused on that as the feature goal & started the discovery process. In Q1 2017 I got in in contact with Escrow.com, joined their partner program, got my API key, reviewed their API documentation, and got a clear picture on the complexities of a Wordpress plugin that works with Woocommerce & the Escrow.com API.

Better/automated BIN buttons within Woocommerce are possible, though not proven, with the Escrow.com API. Escrow.com's outreach teams have been very responsive and receptive to customer interest in this and I've worked through the technical details with them over the phone. BIN buttons are not a standard part of their API so it actually requires misuse of some API calls to get the intended feature :| They're stoked on the plugin idea and have done as much as they can to help me get started :-D

Even the starting BIN integration requires a lot of human hours, development skills beyond an amateur level, and ongoing support after release. Full checkout or landing page solutions with Woocommerce are even more intensive. It's likely the reality of these factors is why no one has successfully completed a plugin for this. Anecdotally the commitment of creating and maintaining a Wordpress plugin, paid or free, is a cost that is not profitable :-/ Plugins are a labor of love.

Escrow.com may eventually make this plugin themselves if people keep asking for it & it remains undone. It remains undone because I just don't have the time. The people I talked to at Escrow.com are hyped on this plugin idea because their customers want it, including the people in this very thread :) They checked in with me as recently as last week, curious to see if I had started dev, (I had not. I am a big FAIL) Contact them to let them know you want this!

I've DMed with some people on this thread about their specific feature ideas so if anyone else would like to DM me specific details about what you're be looking for in a Wordpress Woocommerce Escrow.com plugin feel free DM me.

If you are a senior software engineer with experience in APIs, PHP, Wordpress, Woocommerce, and plugin development, and you want to collaborate on this blow up my DM.

•••
Glad to hear they have at least kept in touch with you @Domain Check - If they could get a woocommerce plugin done it would be huge.

Knowing how big the owners of Escrow.com are (they own freelancer, WF and FreeMarket, right?) I'm very surprised they don't have a team that could have done this over the last 2 years. There has definitely been some sales lost - that's for sure. lol

•••
I think you'll find that integrating Payoneer's API offers you far more functionality. In particular they've looked at integration with multi seller marketplaces, and have web hooks for most interactions. Essentially it means you can manage your transactions entirely on your own site. Maybe I missed some details of what the escrow.com API can do, but I don't think it offers anywhere near the feature set from Payoneer.

Still, well done it you build this out. It's welcome progress in a very needed area.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back