IT.COM

Escrow.com payment delays and related issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Charley

Striving To Be The BestVIP Member
Impact
I want to share my experience with a recent escrow.com transaction.

On December 8, I received the closing statement after emailing Sandra Gordon that the transfer was completed and requested her to release the funds. She did it immediately.

Dec 8 2015 11:15AM PDT
Funds disbursed. Final closing statements sent to all parties.

I was anxiously waiting to receive my payment on December 9 evening, as it was an international bank wire payment. I checked with the bank and they didn't receive it. I was hoping to receive it on December 10 at least but I didn't receive it.

So on December 10 evening - my time , I sent Sandra the following emails.

Hi Sandra

Please send me the transaction information of my payment. A screenshot will do.

I've not received the money in my bank yet.

There was no response. I sent another email after 3 hours.

Hi Sandra

Please let me know whether you received my previous email requesting my payment details from your bank.

Again no response. I was desperate to find out what was going on. So I called her on December 11 and explained the situation. She told me the payment should have reached and she would send the wire receipt. I was unsure whether she would send it.

So I immediately emailed Keith to send the receipt. He is one of the best in Escrow.com and has helped me with many transactions prior to this one. I got the receipt in an hour and I was shocked to see the value date showing December 10, which means my payment was sent after my emails to Sandra.

As on December 13 funds are still not in my account. I am hoping and keeping my fingers crossed to receive funds on December 14.

This is my first bad experience & still waiting for more than 4 days to receive an international bank wire payment in 10 years of using Escrow.com

Below are some of my questions for Escrow.com

1. What is reason for this delay?

2. Should I expect this type of service for future transactions?

3. Who deals with grievances?

4. Will the Escrow.com management team(CEO) take any action for this issue?

5. If the foreign exchange conversion rate is lower for this transaction, will I be compensated, due to the delay?

I really miss Brandon Abbey and wish he is with Escrow again. I could approach him anytime with my issues to get them resolved immediately.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Money is in my bank account today - December 14, 2015.

•••
Following is the latest message from Mr.Jackson, CEO of Escrow on December 22.

Hi Charley,

None as yet, it looks like a complicated issue so I'm waiting on an explanation from everyone including our Bank of America contact so I've got everything right before putting the whole answer together.

Best regards,

Jackson

Message on December 17

Hi Charley,
My apologies for the delay in your transaction - I'll speak with Sandra to understand the reason and come back to you via email and on NamePros.

Thanks and best regards,
Jackson Elsegood

I'm waiting for the final update.

•••
Hi Charley,
From my discussions with Sandra and the Payments team, it looks like the international wire number caused it to be wrongly categorised as an ACH transfer by Bank of America. They caught their mistake but caused the 24 hour delay. I've spoken to our Bank of America representative about the issue and I don't expect it to be a problem in the future.

Apologies for the delay in investigating, I always like to be 100% certain I've got the full story.

Best regards,
Jackson Elsegood

•••
At the moment I am waiting in the chatbox- support to see what will happen. They said they will close the transaction and send me the money.
The issue.
I sold some equipment - not domain name- to someone in France. I suggested escrow.com since I have used it for $xxx,xxx transactions.
Buyer asks 5 days verification to test them and I agree.
The 5th day the buyer logs in and confirms that he recieved them ok.
Two days later the status is still " pending verification"
I asked them 2 days ago and they told me that they will send the money tomorrow. Today that I asked they said they have to confirm that the .... domain name !! is in buyers hands...
They clearly have no idea what they are doing.
I sent them screenshot also from the buyers account that confirm that he accepted.
Their last answer was "We have forwarded the tracking information and Buyer's confirmation. We are just waiting for their response."
My answer was "
What response?!!you have it
and 5 days passed
thats why you have the inspection period !
he loged in his account 2 days ago and accepted !

---- very bad service
to be continued ..

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back