IT.COM

services Escrow.com charging buyers extra to pay by credit card

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I have no idea how long this change has been in effect, but Escrow is now charging buyers 3% extra to pay by credit card or PayPal, even when the seller has selected that they will cover the fees. A "fees paid by seller" transaction is now only free for the buyer IF they pay by check or wire transfer...... unless the seller emails Escrow to specify that they want to really, truly want to cover all fees, regardless of how the buyer pays.

"The buyer is obligated to pay difference of Premier Service - Standard Service"

WTF? Why must it be so difficult to just cover 100% of the Escrow fees?

I am not going to make my buyers go back to the 90s and mail a paper check, or go to the bank to make a wire transfer, to see a fee-less transaction...

escrowwtf.jpg

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Escrow.com is quickly losing its competitiveness under new management.

I have given them sales worth low $xxx,xxx over past couple of years, but now am steering away gradually.

Issuing paypal invoice saves me or client considerable amount of money. Will also try epik or sedo, if client insists on escrow, but will stay away from escrow.com or dn.com whenever possible.

•••
Flippa Escrow also charges more if buyer pays with a credit card.

•••
To my understanding it's been this way for awhile.

•••
To my understanding it's been this way for awhile.

Yeah, this update was made last year I believe.

I do think it would be nice if there was still an option for the seller to cover all fees, like in the past.

Brad

•••
just tell the buyer you will reimburse via paypal any fees they pay if they use their credit card.

•••
this is not something new, i have record of 2010 transaction, where i have paid 6% fee instead of 3% using credit card. (i normally mention to buyers that in case payment making through credit card then fee will shared)

also for sedo, above $500 transaction buyer need to pay paypal fee, so in effect it become 6% +

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back