Dynadot

Escrow.com and Impulse buying

NameSilo
Watch

AMRO1001

Upgraded Member
Impact
for the second time in less than 2 month someone initiates a transaction for domain names priced less than $2000 then they do not compelete the transaction.

I am using efty.com landing pages ( buy now) , which leads to escrow.com form.

Both times the users registered with escrow.com but did not continue with the payment..actually I called one of them and he said he did not like to continue

I feel escrow.com registration process and payment method selection can stop the impulse buy for domains less than $2000...

If they just start the payment after they click "Buy Now"...maybe things would have been different now?

what you think? and any options better than escrow.com for domains priced less than $2000?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
send them to godaddy auctions
if they don't pay, they get banned
gl

•••
for the second time in less than 2 month someone initiates a transaction for domain names priced less than $2000 then they do not compelete the transaction.

Both times the users registered with escrow.com but did not continue with the payment..actually I called one of them and he said he did not like to continue

I feel escrow.com registration process and payment method selection can stop the impulse buy for domains less than $2000...

If they just start the payment after they click "Buy Now"...maybe things would have been different now?

what you think? and any options better than escrow.com for domains priced less than $2000?

Check out this thread.

You will see others' experiences with buyers complaining about verification or backing out of deals because of having to provide Escrow/com with verification to buy a domain.

•••
Check out this thread.

You will see others' experiences with buyers complaining about verification or backing out of deals because of having to provide Escrow/com with verification to buy a domain.

ya...now I understand why:xf.smile:

•••
ya...now I understand why:xf.smile:

Most of us who have been using Escrow/com for years are now avoiding them like the plague.

We are now using Sedo escrow, Epik escrow and Payoneer escrow for our escrow services now.

•••
Yep stopped using escrow.com a while ago due to the silly verification requirements and no way i'm trusting them with my documents. In fact I just now refused a sale via escrow.com and explained why. Buyer is more than happy to use Paypal for the deal once I explained why I didn't want to use them.

For a really big transaction i'm yet to decide what service to use, will cross that bridge if and hopefully when it comes.

•••
Most of us who have been using Escrow/com for years are now avoiding them like the plague.

We are now using Sedo escrow, Epik escrow and Payoneer escrow for our escrow services now.

Payoneer wanted the same documents from me that escrow.com wanted so I scratched them off the list. Did they ease up on that requirement?

•••
Payoneer wanted the same documents from me that escrow.com wanted so I scratched them off the list. Did they ease up on that requirement?

Thanks for the heads up.

Maybe scratch Payoneer if they will be just like Escrow/com.

•••

those sales are caused by spamming bots

•••
•••
My last buyer asked for a different payment method, they had previously used escrow in the past, they were a tech innovator, who buys domains from time to time.

They were worried about having their id out there in case it was hacked.

They did complete via another method, it's sad as I really like using escrow, but I can't now as buyers don't want to continue. It's really frustrating, but not much you can do, these are some very confidential documents to some people.

•••
buyers don't want to continue

Neither do many domainers.

It is interesting to note that your buyer was in tech.

Anyone who works with computers on a daily basis knows of the dangers associated with information transmitted and stored on computer systems.

The general public only hears of occasional breaches and believes it will never happen to them.

This is only human.

Nobody thinks they will ever be in a car accident or die from cancer, but it has to happen to someone and nobody is immune.

Tech people understand the dangers of a situation where a company asks for and retains sensitive info on their servers, and the dangers of having that information compromised.

Any intelligent and prudent person would avoid the risks of having their personal info exposed to possible theft.

Most domainers are tech savvy enough to know the dangers here.

Asking a domain buyer to upload personal documents to buy a domain is sure to put a serious strain on domain sales, and any service company servicing the domain business who puts its customers in this position is certainly going to feel the effects of this in lost business to competitors who do not require or request customers to provide this information.

Last edited:
•••
Finally I got a $999 domain sale through Escrow.com via Efty software, I was smoothly being verified as Tier 1, no documents were asked, just basic info about me, Tier 1 is good for up top $3000 transactions ...

I think they improved their process

•••
sedo escrow works well, its just too bad you can't set up a transaction yourself. you have to email them and they set it up. otherwise, quick and easy and provides real escrow.

•••
Finally I got a $999 domain sale through Escrow.com via Efty software, I was smoothly being verified as Tier 1, no documents were asked, just basic info about me, Tier 1 is good for up top $3000 transactions ...

I think they improved their process
Where did you get this tier info?

I had a buyer at $2k, who was asked to verify, and they didn't want to, we had to use a different venue.

•••
sedo escrow works well, its just too bad you can't set up a transaction yourself. you have to email them and they set it up. otherwise, quick and easy and provides real escrow.
Where did you get this tier info?

I had a buyer at $2k, who was asked to verify, and they didn't want to, we had to use a different venue.

when I clicked "Verify My Account", check https://www.escrow.com/verify

•••
•••
its just too bad you can't set up a transaction yourself

Yes, that would make it much better.

Maybe they will change this.

I hope they do.

•••
•••
•••
Did they require a photo ID to verify the birthdate?
Tier 1 does not need photo ID..just fill the form...maybe this recent modification?..

•••
What is Tier 1? It seems some of my customers have to verify and some don't I can't figure it out.
But it all started about a month ago.

•••
•••
escrow has asked my customers to verify info, send in photo id etc for transactions under 1,000

•••
in january someone have buy a my domain in godaddy buy now , have accept escrow payment and not have pay it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back