Dynadot

domains Escobar Inc Wins $3 Million Fight Over PabloEscobar.com Domain Name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
Pablo Escobar's brother's company wins a $3 million dispute and obtains ownership of the domain PabloEscobar.com through its trademark rights.

On August 28, 2019 Escobar Inc. filed a cybersquatting claim with the National Arbitration Forum, arguing that the previous owner of PabloEscobar.com was cybersquatting with his ownership of the domain name.

Read more

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Infringers need to stop. We will fight anyone that is in our way" I imagine if Pablo Escobar's brother said that to the previous owner in person they would have given it up straight away :xf.eek:

The title is a bit misleading though, it makes it sound as if he spent $3M in legal fees etc to get the domain.

•••
Coming Soon.. Netflix special on this too :ROFL:

Bring on the streaming wars

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well, I imagine they'll need that 3 mil. I mean, cocaine.com is just sitting there..

•••
•••
Don't mind the decision per se, but I hate the "rogue panelist" reasons for giving them the site (like he just made something up to allow the transfer), which will inevitably be cited by every slimy RDNH candidate going forward.

i.e. The old disputed/corrected/discounted crap that keeps being dredged back up like "if you own a lot of domains you are automatically showing bad faith", "if you bought a domain in 1995 and the TM was done in 2007, it's not a problem", and "selling a domain for more than what you paid for it is automatically a bad faith registration".

That last one's a real winner, as the IPO clearly states that domain investment is a viable usage, and I'd love to go to this panelist and offer him his "original 1985 purchase price" on his mansion in the Hampton's.

I'm sure he'd sell it to me, no problem.

Again, I have no real issue with the overall decision, but I do with "how" it was done, and the IPO needs to get rid of these panelists who totally disregard the UDRP and keep exhuming these long-buried and idiotic precedents that may take a year to be disputed and cleared up again for the umpteenth time.

Last edited:
•••
Any Chinese man here please!

•••
This domain doesn't wort a red cent.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back