Domain Empire

advice Epik to Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Anyone know the time scale for the transfer/payout for a domain reg'd at Epik, sold on afternic ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
My last experience with this combination:

I received the Afternic notification that my domain sold at around 9am,

I had the transfer from Epik to Afternic completed within an hour,

I received the payout 2 days later.

•••
My last experience with this combination:

I received the Afternic notification that my domain sold at around 9am,

I had the transfer from Epik to Afternic completed within an hour,

I received the payout 2 days later.
I assume that was before they ended fast transfer ?

•••
•••
The good thing about transferring out of Epik is that they don’t waste your time. You can approve the transfer and it will go through almost immediately. This helps speed up these types of transactions.

Some other registrars make it more difficult than it needs to be.

•••
The good thing about transferring out of Epik is that they don’t waste your time. You can approve the transfer and it will go through almost immediately. This helps speed up these types of transactions.

Some other registrars make it more difficult than it needs to be.
Agree that it can be done fairly quickly compared to some others.

But I don't like that they took the ability for us to do it ourselves away and now have to go through their chat to get it done.

Even Godaddy gives the ability to just click a button to approve a transfer.

•••
When you sell a domain on afternic do you transfer that domain to their account or directly to the buyer?

•••
Agree that it can be done fairly quickly compared to some others.

But I don't like that they took the ability for us to do it ourselves away and now have to go through their chat to get it done.

Even Godaddy gives the ability to just click a button to approve a transfer.

I always received a domain transfer request email from Epik and just clicked on the approve link. It transfered almost instantly.

Has that changed recently?

Last edited:
•••
I always received a domain transfer request email from Epik and just clicked on the approve link. It transfered almost instantly.

Has that changed recently?
For me, shortly after their hack it changed. First the approve option gave an error, then it didn't do anything, then it was removed altogether.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back