IT.COM

Epik Recent Innovation Glitches

NameSilo
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
Everyone knows I'm a strong believer in Epik platforms and would like to see them succeed. Make no mistakes about it. There are many positives about Epik but one or two bad negatives can destroy the whole thing. The purpose of this thread is not to condemn but to trigger a discussion.

Late later year, I moved some of my domains from Uni to Epik in hope of better days. But after nearly a year of no inquiries nor reasonable sales, I decided to test the lander, trying to see what potential buyers use to see, and what I discovered truly horrifies me.

1. A buyer will click on "Buy Now" button and the first thing he sees is a warning that his domain will be delayed for 60days before transferring to another registrar. To a Domainer, that's not a problem. To an end user, it's a huge turn off, capable of destroying a sale.

2. If the buyer managed to scale the first huddle and continued with Signup. After signing up at Epik.com he will be required to verify his email. The person will head to his inbox looking for email from Epik. On getting to the inbox or spam folder, what he will see is FederatedIdentity.com. Another big confusion capable of turning away good number of potential buyers. How is the new customer suppose to know that FederatedIdentity is the same as Epik?

The FederatedIdentity (to me) is a completely Bogus Innovation.

3. Now, if the buyer did scale yet the huddle and clicked on the verification link, the page below is what he will get.
Screenshot-20200901-213457-Samsung-Internet.jpg

To continue the signup all over again!

At this point, even the most serious buyer will give up and start looking for alternatives.

4. But, if his life depends on the domain and he continued with the second signup. After filling the form and clicked the "Save Settings", the whole process will simply end there. There will be no redirection to the domain transaction he has been going through all these troubles for. He's
simply gonna start the process of searching for the domain name all over again. God help him if he's an impulse buyer and has forgotten the name.

I'm of the opinion that Epik is not concentrating on what matters most. They want to be everywhere at the same time. Thereby, sacrificing users experience and good conversation rate.

I believe sales are going down the drain before of these. I still have so many things to complain about the platform but let me leave for others. If you've noticed anything, pls share it on this thread.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Keep up the innovations Epik, I agree with the 60 day lock warning, it can be a bit overwhelming to novice users, and they can have doubts about checkout. Maybe there is a better way to blend that into the fine print with the TOS.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Is there a maintenance on epik? Can't reach my account.

•••
Is there a maintenance on epik? Can't reach my account.

Yes, nearly finished -- was not planned but the result is that you should get a faster Epik shortly. The work is finishing up. Apologies for inconvenience.

•••
Is this a glitch or for real? I spoke with customer service and I've been told that's the regular retail price??

OC9zlSn.png

•••
Is this a glitch or for real? I spoke with customer service and I've been told that's the regular retail price??
Yeah, their retail price is a bit excessive. Send a message to @Jess Robison, tell her you're a NamePros member and they'll setup a discount for you. You'll pay $8.49.

•••
I'm not new to Epik, i had renewed and transferred few domains for $8.49 I'm not sure why now my account or group is being changed to retail.

•••
I'm not new to Epik, i had renewed and transferred few domains for $8.49 I'm not sure why now my account or group is being changed to retail.

iAdam - thank you for connecting with me.

Glad we got your matter resolved.

@NicTraders thank you for directing them to me.

Hope you each have a wonderful day ahead!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back