Domain Empire

Enom to Namecheap?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Thanks to clubdrop, I am the new owner of a domain that I've had my eye on for awhile.

My domain was automatically registered through enom but I'm wondering if there's a way for me to push it to Namecheap (Enom reseller). Is this even possible? I've heard so many good things about Namecheap so I'd like to try my luck with them.

Thanks in advance for any info on this situation:)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can pay to transfer it after 60 days .... and Namecheap is a Enom Reseller ;) - But No .... you can't Push between the two ~

•••
I don't think its possible to pay to transfer, even after 60 days, since technically namecheap domains are already at enom.

You have two options, as I see it:
- as soon as enom allows you, transfer out the domain to a different registrar, like say godaddy; transfer out again, this time to namecheap (goaddy allows this after 60 days); OR
- coordinate with namecheap, so they can accept a push to their enom account, then transfer to your namecheap account

•••
After 60 days,you can submit the transfer at NameCheap,and you name will be 'transfer' to your namecheap account.

I have 'transfer' many names from enom to registerfly,and from Namecheap to registerfly.

(At that time,registerfly is also a reseller of enom.)

•••
microdude431 said:
It would be easier if you just kept the domain at enom. If namecheap is an enom reseller, wont they both have the same features?

Not really ~ Enom has made some changes - But NameCheap has a very Nice Script/Format set up - IMO .... Their Platform is cooooool :snaphappy:

As far as transferring - I'm not positive - but I believe I have Transferred from Enom to Registerfly (Under their Enom Platform) in the past. :-/ Not sure on that one though ~

•••
??

Why would you transfer from eNom, eNom is the best? Namecheap some people like but overall eNom is my favorite.

•••
armstrong said:
I don't think its possible to pay to transfer, even after 60 days, since technically namecheap domains are already at enom.

Actually, Enom treats it's larger resellers (namecheap and registerfly) who use their own interface as separate registrars. You cannot push, but must and can do a standard registrar transfer between them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back