IT.COM

Enom reseller question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rb

Established Member
Impact
If you have domains that are registered through enom, can you renew them at ANY enom reseller (like opensrs)?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
oepnSRS is not an eNom reseller. If you have a domain with an eNom reseller or eNom themselves you can always push to anyother account. Renew. And then push back. I do it all the time. The above scenario is assuming you have access to an eNom Control Panel with the user id and pwd.

•••
That would have to be a transfer of registrar of record which adds a 1 year subscription with your new registrar.

•••
sorry, I must not have explained the situation well :)

I'm aware that opensrs is not an enom reseller (I'm an opensrs reseller).

However, with openSRS, you can register your domain with any openSRS reseller and renew it through any other reseller (or at least you used to be able to).

acts837 wrote:
If you have a domain with an eNom reseller or eNom themselves you can always push to anyother account. Renew. And then push back. I do it all the time. The above scenario is assuming you have access to an eNom Control Panel with the user id and pwd.

Cool, so...

I have 2 domain names with enom right now.

So you're saying I could find a low cost enom reseller (what are some good ones?), open an account there (without having to register a new name), push the domain name to that new account at the low cost enom reseller, renew the domain name at the price of that reseller, and then push the domain name back to the price of the original enom account?

I hope that makes sense...I think I'm starting to understand :)

•••
Originally posted by rb
sorry, I must not have explained the situation well :)

I'm aware that opensrs is not an enom reseller (I'm an opensrs reseller).

However, with openSRS, you can register your domain with any openSRS reseller and renew it through any other reseller (or at least you used to be able to).

acts837 wrote:

Cool, so...

So you're saying I could find a low cost enom reseller (what are some good ones?), open an account there (without having to register a new name), push the domain name to that new account at the low cost enom reseller, renew the domain name at the price of that reseller, and then push the domain name back to the price of the original enom account?

Sometimes. For an example is a PDQ reseller. Sometimes not, for example Namecheap. So the answer to your question is sometimes.

•••
For an example is a PDQ reseller. Sometimes not, for example Namecheap

Gotcha...thanks!

•••
I can give you a free 8.95 enom reseller if you want. PM me if your interested.

•••
Why do people want to give away free reseller accounts?

•••
Because that's our business ... we help to provide you reseller account and we receive small commission out of it.

Cheers,
TW

•••
Yes, that is true. Plus we help you save money too, since some places charge over $15 per domain.

•••
Originally posted by rb
Cool, so...

Yes! I have free $8.50 eNom retail accounts. Sign up for the free account. Push your domains to me and renew and then push back to your other account. I even run some paypal specials for this. Some in the forums have taken advantage of this offer. Right now if you want to renew some I will do it for $7.75 a savings of .75!

•••
•••
Thanks for the information all! Much appreciated.

I'm not new to domaining, just new to the whole enom phenom :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back