IT.COM

End User Conversation Templates | SweetTalk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mr.Natwarlal

Grow with usTop Member
Impact
This thread is created for collecting or sharing Email templates that can be used for communicating with domain end users. I request you all to create or share attractive email templates so that all domainers can enjoy it.. ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sharing first template, (not mine)

Hello [ RECIPIENT'S NAME ] or There,

My name is [ YOUR NAME ] and I am the owner of the domain name [ YOUR DOMAIN NAME ] which I am making available for sale.

I am in the process of contacting prospective buyers, of which you are one.

This [ DOMAIN WORDS ] words . [ Extension ] domain is a short, memorable and marketable domain name, workable with a variety of topics related with [ INDUSTRY ] and could help redirect search engine traffic to your site or of course be developed into a site in its own right or simply you can use it for the email communication.

[ DETAILS - Stats - Appraisal etc ABOUT DOMAIN - Optional to impress prospective buyer - Don't lie ]

If you believe that this mail was not relevant or if you are not interested ,please reply back with Not Interested or Unsubscribe, I shall refrain from troubling you again

Thanks so much for your time.

[ YOUR NAME ]

[ YOUR DOMAIN NAME ]
[ YOUR EMAIL ID ]

Last edited:
•••
•••
second plz

I don't have any stock. I will try to create some and at the same time request all other NP mates to contribute. ;)

•••
I would not recommend writing these lines in that template
"I am in the process of contacting prospective buyers, of which you are one."
"
if I do not hear from you I will move on to the next
prospective buyer."

Rather write:
"If you believe that this mail was not relevant or if you are not interested ,please reply back with Not Interested or Unsubscribe, I shall refrain from troubling you again"

or something along these lines. Why so ,it will sound more formal, a little personal ,not like a bulk mail, and you will not be marked as spam.

•••
I would not recommend writing these lines in that template
"I am in the process of contacting prospective buyers, of which you are one."
"
if I do not hear from you I will move on to the next
prospective buyer."

Rather write:
"If you believe that this mail was not relevant or if you are not interested ,please reply back with Not Interested or Unsubscribe, I shall refrain from troubling you again"

or something along these lines. Why so ,it will sound more formal, a little personal ,not like a bulk mail, and you will not be marked as spam.

Good Suggestion.. updated ;)

•••
I disagree with the templates.

Unsolicited emails will be difficult anyhow, and anyone can understand the point of emailing people about a domain you own is to sell it... but do you really need to blow your own trumpet about how good the domain name is and state the obvious? People will know if its short, marketable, memorable etc.

Don't stack up uses... suggesting a redirect, website or email... its for them to decide if they owned it.

Talking traffic, SEO and SEM is a big no... its contained within most domain-related spam messages. If your initial pitch isn't perfect its going to have no value.

Specific details are a good idea, the mass-mailers rarely include it for ease... but don't do the "facenotepad.net" is worth $$$$$ because "facebook.com" is the domain name for a multi-billion dollar company. Facebook.com had little to any value before it became a brand. The domain extensions are different, its longer and much worse... etc

"Conversation" should be free flowing and not template planned. The more template you are the more likely its going in the spam folder that damages the potential response further. If you are targeting someone who has a similar domain name (and I mean really similar!) I find its generally better to be less sales and more communicative. Have the subject title with their domain NOT yours (you want them to be curious - they wont open the email if they already know) and keep it short and sweet... tell them you looking to dispose of your domain name with them being the most appropriate candidate.

Of course, no one expects you to give away the domain for free... some might get the wrong idea... but the main thing you are looking for is to get them to respond. No contract is formed. The domain is safely still yours. If you confuse them into thinking they can pick up the domain for free or next to nothing (but not because you said specifically that it is a free transfer...don't state that) they will think about the potential of the domain much more than you can try to persuade them, as naturally we all become defensive and know its a sales pitch otherwise with templates like the above.

•••
No such thing as an "unsolicited" email when a "business" is emailing a Business.

•••
No such thing as an "unsolicited" email when a "business" is emailing a Business.

I mean unsolicited as in the dictionary term of (along the lines of) given or supplied without being requested or asked for, and probably not even wanted.

•••
Templates are strictly for beginners because they've yet to learn the true value behind a domain name and how it actually benefits an end user, and if they did know then they wouldn't be using a template.

Once you actually know the true value of your domain and you start acquiring domains that have *obvious* value, you won't need a template because the email will be free-flowing, you will both know it's a good name, you will both know why they should own it, and you can begin approaching on a more natural level where you'll find every email you send for one domain is different from the other. That's when you've got domains worth selling, that's when you can call yourself a "domainer".

Telling is not selling. Telling an end user that your domain is available for sale is extremely passive and spammy. *Explaining* to them how you acquired a domain, personally used this domain, how it benefited you and how it's becoming available and what they need to do to own it is what you call selling.

Here's a few tips:

BIG NO-NO I spotted in this 'template' and in other 'templates' I've seen.

Never...ever... APOLOGIZE at the end of your initial email for any reason.

^ What is that?

That is no way to close a sale. You are basically putting the idea in their head that you weren't even worthy enough contact them to begin with. Most business people who aren't looking to rip you off want to do business with a confident person. If you're not a confident person you should at least be confident in the domain you are selling, if you are not confident in the domain you are selling, don't spam people.

I receive not interested responses like "Thank you for the offer, Tom. However..."

If my first email would've closed with: "I shall refrain from troubling you again" they would've responded "F* off Tom!"

Rather, end your emails like this:

"I appreciate your time and attention to this email and I look forward to hearing from you."

Best Regards,

Full name,
domainname.com Owner
phone-number"

Another tip: the only benefits I myself personally explain in emails is give numbers. Numbers involving the amount of times the keyword(s) is searched, the amount of money advertisers are paying to showcase themselves under the exact keywords for the domain I'm selling and how many other similar domains have been already taken by their competitors. That's it. Any more than that is 'fluff' and fluff bores people and turns them off, they'll quickly click delete or report as spam.

I'll maybe post some more in a bit...

•••
tomcarl that is a brilliant mini masterclass, many will find this insightful and persuade themselves not to bother with template letters.

The no-apology stuff is spot on... how many job seekers I have turned down over the years because in their covering letter they in-effect apologised for applying for the job! I am sure its all, genuine, bit of lack of confidence etc but when you have seen better letters it sticks out like a sore thumb, yelling to be binned.

Ironically, despite the lack of professionalism I probably wouldn't have had such a problem with it if there weren't other candidates setting a better benchmark of expectations and standards. In fact, it would have been better for them not to have put the effort in writing the covering letter at all.

•••
Updating sale email...

Last edited:
•••
now that mail is going to spam

•••
The point of tell the receiver that this is the only email you will send them is to minimize the amounts of people who report you as spam.

You will understand it better when your ISP bans your account once.

•••

^ What is that?

That is no way to close a sale. You are basically putting the idea in their head that you weren't even worthy enough contact them to begin with.

I agree that that unsubscribe line was too much, but giving the recipient a way to opt out of receiving future emails is a legal requirement under the CANSPAM act. I generally include unsubscribe info as the last line of the email ( below the signature, not within the main content of the email ). Something like this is adequate:

"Note: If you'd prefer not to be contacted about future domain opportunities, please respond with the word REMOVE in the subject line."

Keep it neutral and matter of fact. I don't think it's a good idea to plant a seed in the recipient's mind that he's been "troubled".

The canspam act compliance guide for businesses is worth reading. Google it if interested since I'm apparently prohibited from posting links unless I have an avatar ( weird ).

•••
Why would you have an opt-out if the person isn't being subscribed?

Sending the same person several emails wont work. If the first was spam to them , they all are!

If you can word an email to the effect where the recipient replies to remain interested, you are on to a winner.

The reply with "REMOVE" or "UNSUBSCRIBE" is an old spammers trick. These days they still go to the junk mail folder - email providers don't fool for it. This is done so you know whether or not there is a person at that email address... so you then send them more email, usually from a different account.

Advice to people here, use email rules etc. or manual delete... don't reply back to spammers, you will get more emails. Whether or not we like it, I think sending a single email to a whois email address isn't significant. There is no need to try to comply with CANSPAM. The conditions of registering a domain name is to have such information available on the register. This allows people to contact the owner about the website - whether its general email, legal threats etc. A one-off cheeky sales email isn't too much of a problem. You are not and cannot get prosecuted for sending a single one-off email to every unique email address for every known domain name (i.e. without duplicates for people owning numerous domain names) except if its vexatious and abusive.

•••
You should make template for trying to buy their email!?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back