Dynadot

advice EMD or Brandable?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you prefer EMD or Brandables?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • EMD

votes
    47.8%
  • Brandables

votes
    8.7%
  • Both

votes
    43.5%
  • None

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Ian Goh

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sometimes the best information is from those outside of an industry. Domain Sherpa and any other blog for that matter makes money off of domain information and it's not in their best interest to tell the whole truth about domain values.

•••
I think it depends what you're going for... Perfect example, if I were looking to develop an Amazon affiliate site over baby products, I might want an EMD for that (although some SE's like Google have said they don't give EMD's the credit they once did)...On the other hand, if I just put together a cool new fitness app that I was going to seek funding for, I would go for a brandable.

EMD = Something I might be buying for the sole purpose of trying to develop and rank
Brandable = Something new I'm developing that I want to be "hip" or people to easily remember. If it were an App or something the spelling also isn't as important..

•••
EMD everytime, brandable are the last resort I go to if exact match domains relating to specific niche are not avaialble.........

•••
In order of preference

1 . EMD that is brand-able.
What I mean by that is having an EMD where the people who link to you use the exact match keyword as your brand name. (Not all EM keywords will be brandable)

2. PMD that is brand-able
Choose a PMD (partial match domain), where the keyword in your brand describes your niche (or is the word for your niche). Bonus points if the keyword is at the start of the name, as long as it remains brand-able.

3. Brand-able
I would normally choose this, if I cannot come up with a good PMD or if this was a business that was not in any particular niche. (e.g. companies who started in the seo niche are removing the seo from their name as they expand into a broader niche of marketing)

•••
For my own websites, I personally prefer EMD's. But I'm not shy about offering brandables for sale to anybody who wants one :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back