IT.COM

discuss Email / Offer translation help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
My friends,

We are all here a multinational family, from all parts of the earth, and I'm sure everyone here had a situation when an email offer needed to be translated in a foreign language to catch the best buyer. Google Translate is getting improved, but it's translations are still far away from the human language.

I've read a lot of stories here about lost sales, or long delayed ones just because of the language barrier. So, I was thinking "why cannot we help each other with the translation of the offer emails, counteroffers, etc?"

I can help with translating to Romanian and Russian.

And at the moment I'm also looking for someone who could help me translating a message to Portuguese and Spanish :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting initiative. The added benefit would be the exchange of ideas concerning domain sales pitch writing. Different languages and respective cultures sometimes need a different approach. Some more than others.

Last edited:
•••
the exchange of ideas concerning domain sales pitch writing. Different languages and respective cultures sometimes need a different approach. Some more than others.

Indeed! I remember the struggles I had with my working sales pitch, and anyway I still think that there are some points that need to be changed.

Namepros users ask permanently what message to use in the first email, so let me post mine :)
I hope that the collective mind will be able to optimize the sale messages, and create a nice database with foreign language emails.

Hello,

I'm the owner of the domain name {Domain} and I thought your company might be interested in owning it.

The price of {Domain} is {Price}, and the payment can be made using an escrow service of your choice.

Please let me know if your company would be interested in this offer as I am reaching out to other potential buyers, and the first one to agree on the price will have the opportunity to purchase this domain.

Thank you!

Best regards,
{Name}

Address: {Address}
Tel: {Phone Number}
LinkedIn: {Linkedin link}

- This is a one-time advertisement that is being sent to your company just once.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Last edited:
•••
funny, all the years, all the offers, never needed to translate incoming inquiry other than Chinese

so you guys are having some unique situations.

imo...

•••
funny, all the years, all the offers, never needed to translate incoming inquiry other than Chinese

so you guys are having some unique situations.

imo...
Yeah :) I found now that having a brandable domain that is a real word in a foreign language needs a correct translated offer to catch the best end-users

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back